Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Roketa is JUNK! Stay away from this brand!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 12:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roketa is JUNK! Stay away from this brand!

There's a really good article in the July 2006 Dirt Rider mgazine. Too bad that people will buy this stuff before checking what happens if it needs fixing or parts. They're just throw aways, when they break you just get a new one. Far better off to buy a used Japanese machine that you can get parts and repair info for.

Old 07-30-2006, 02:16 PM
Range Rover

Beats me why ATV Connections even lets these people advertise these cheap pieces of put it on the trailer the first hour if your lucky to make it that far after some poor kid that just wants to ride and have fun spent his hard earned money on these CRAPPY *** china hunks of CRAP on this website.
These china brands are harley worth the price of scrap! I don't care what the testamonials say.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

Two very popular "Japanese" ATVs have their parts built in China and are assembled elsewhere, one in Japan and one in Georgia. The parts are manufactured in the same plant that builds the Roketa ATV.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Unless you have 2 months to wait for parts for your bike, take a look at other brands. "X"-Dealer of Roketa, their corporate office is Goldenvale, Inc. out of Ontario, CA. Their web page makes all kinds of claims and statements, don't you believe them. They are interested in selling lotsa bikes and moving on, warranty or service parts are the furtherest from their minds. Make a report to the Federal Trade Commission, if enough of us complain they will have to do something.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Trailblazer

"Buyer beware" I usually do a little research before I part with my coin, I work too hard to throw it away on junk but, to each their own

Old 04-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm new to the site, just found it last night, wish i had found it sooner. I recently purchased a roketa brand quad, rtk-250. I also purchased two other bikes, Viva motorsports 150cc gorilla, and a small bodied 110cc for the kids. I'm not sure the brand of the 110 other than it's probably the best of three we own. The engine has a sticker on it that reads "toa toa", I have seen others with this sticker just don't know the brand. Back to the 250, it's always started kinda harsh, lots of starter noise. Then last weekend the "hot" wire from the battery to the starter solenoid melted along with the ground wire that was run alond side of it. The dealer I bought it from said a new harness was at least three weeks away. I replaced the burnt wires myself. After that found that the starter was grounding itself out internally. Took that apart and found what seemed to be the problem. Hope it's Ok now, its still starts kind rough but the wiring hasn't fried. I read somewhere other than here that some Honda parts may fit my bike, as I also read a product description claiming the 250 was a copy of a popular Honda model. Any Idea as how to find out what engine copy I have. Any info would be great, Thanks.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

hay dont put a roketa deler down thay tryed to make a liveing tell thy found out that thy wont stand buy thair dealers you r right. i have been in the china atv sells for 3 years and ni havent found a suplyer that is honest thy will tell you any and every thing u want to here how bad and how big of liers other suplyers and thy tell you that that co.dont have parts or that co is going out of bus or but in reality thair talking about thair self. well i have bought atv from toa toa world-ebuy- Roketa Rightway A&A Scooters and sent roughley 8-15.000 found 1 co. that i didnt even bring up and thair atv might not be the best but thay stand behind thair product. also need to be carfule all thes have

Old 04-26-2008, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Creegah

Two very popular "Japanese" ATVs have their parts built in China and are assembled elsewhere, one in Japan and one in Georgia. The parts are manufactured in the same plant that builds the Roketa ATV.[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Yeah but those Japanese companies have final say on quality control.... they design the parts and inspect and test the final product....... anything junk does not go on..

The Chinese machines are junk because of their final construction and lack of R&D money, and quality control... and the fact that they are treated as toys and not machines.....they are not as good as the sum of their parts while the Japanese machines are better than the sun of their parts....

Old 04-27-2008, 09:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

come on well we as a dealer i know that on the low end atv the parts are bought out of china aND HI end parts are brought out of japan steve well as of a delear i wont sale a bad atv i go over the atv with a supper fine tooth comb thats why i have fought and spent many hrs on this matter well ill let you all know if you pay with credit card you can dispute the charges on a defective atv for up to 6 mo after u recive it but if u recive the defective product need to try and work it out with the co. make sure you can back all of this up. also filea defalt product with your atty Generals office can file complaint on line go to www.AGO. OF YOUR STATE.GOV. have the paint on the frame tested bet it dont pass lead test.
AGAIN EXSAMPLE WWW.AGO.MO.GOV NOT ARE DEALER BEING RIP SO IS THE GENRAIL PUBLIC. ALSO AS A DEALER YOU ARE SUPOST TO HAVE A DEALER LIC SO YOU THE PUB CAN GET TITLE PROBLEM IS THES PLACES ARE SELLING TO ANY BODY THAT WANTS TO BE A DELER AND A LOT OF THE DELERS THAT DONT HAVE A LIC CANT GO TO BAT FOR YOU BECAUSE THY SHOULD OF GAVE U PAPER WORK THAT THAY DONT HAVE AND THES CHINA CO KNOW YOUR DEALER CANT FILE A COMPLAINT BECAUSE THE DELER DID SOMETHING WRONG AND THAY WILL GET IN TROUBLE .. SO CK WITH YOUR DL OFFICE IN YOUR CITY OR STATE AND SEE IF THY HAVE TO BE TITLED IF SO THEN ASK YOUR DELER FOR MSO SO YOU CAN TITLE IT MAKE SURE HE FILL IN HIS DELER INFO SO YOU WONT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS. IF U HAVE BOUGHT AN CHINA BRAND ATV AND NEED PARTS CONTAC ME AND ILL TRY AND HELP YOU

Old 06-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just found this forum, and I wish I would have found it sooner also. I bought a Roketa 110cc last summer in 2007 and when I received it (after many weeks), it was a Predator. They told me it was the same thing. (Hummmmm....)! Anyway, they starter went out on it and I can't find one anywhere. jjpower, you said we could ask you for help and you would try and help me. Do you know where I can find one, or who I can contact? The guy I bought it off of is no longer in business I guess. I bought if off of Xtreme Vision Powersports, LLC out of Florida. I found one starter on Ebay, but it's the wrong one. It looked like it, said it would fit most China made 110cc ATV's, but was not the right one. When I called them, they have no idea what they were talking about. lol Just my luck!!! I don't know a lot about this stuff. My Brother bought one for my Niece, and he talked me into buying one for my Son, huge mistake from what I read. I would so appreciate any help with this. Thanks everyone!

Janie

Quick Reply: Roketa is JUNK! Stay away from this brand!