Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

ATV for beach use

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 08:39 PM
SSB
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV for beach use

Hi all -
The beach is fairly wide but not terribly steep with both wet and dry sand (since I'm pulling it out of the water). Actually that brings up another question - how much water can these things take? Ideally, I would back up and into the water a little to haul it out. I see people doing it to haul out their wave runners and the like so I assume that's within the realm of possiblity with these guys. And yes I AM a little concerned about getting hooked on actually riding the thing as well....

Old 08-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Trailblazer

They can take the water just fine...heck, I used to ford streams with my ATVs....sank them enough times and they kept on going....

What will kill ya is the SALT.......those cool car advertisements where they are running thru the surf...well, all I can say is they dont show the cars/SUVs a year AFTER that "fun".

Just be sure to wash down the ATV after each deep really well...ya gotta do what ya gotta do.....I used to spray wd40 on everything metal before our trips to the beach and then after each wash at the beach....

Old 08-14-2006, 09:18 PM
SSB
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: zavetsky
They can take the water just fine...heck, I used to ford streams with my ATVs....sank them enough times and they kept on going....

What will kill ya is the SALT.......those cool car advertisements where they are running thru the surf...well, all I can say is they dont show the cars/SUVs a year AFTER that "fun".

Just be sure to wash down the ATV after each deep really well...ya gotta do what ya gotta do.....I used to spray wd40 on everything metal before our trips to the beach and then after each wash at the beach....
Actually this is Lake Michigan - big and wavy but no salt - so that's one problem I won't have...

Old 08-15-2006, 11:17 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If others are doing this already, take a good look at what they are riding and how they are doing it. Walk over and ask them how it's working out for them! Keep in mind that they may be doing things poorly, but you can at leat learn from their mistakes.