Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

want a new atv soon.plz help

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default want a new atv soon.plz help

I will let u in on what I know.

I started to ride quads at age 12(30 now) been away from the quad seen the past 10 yrs.

I have noticed the prices are far different back then compared to today. also the engine sizes too. main stream big quads were 350 back then. now 700?

Anyways I was looking at the 250 cc range. with the ozark,bayou, bruin etc. but stumbled on this barnd called baja motorsports. they sell em at pep boys. What i want to know on this particular model. the baja extreme 300, is it reliable like the major brands. I don't want to get it, and die on the trails. Does anyone know what engine it has. like is it a yamhaa or suzuki in there.

Old 09-10-2006, 10:29 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best machine by far in the 250 class is the Honda Recon. Better yet, if you don't need the racks, or the fenders for mud protection, get the Honda 250EX. It's a Recon is sport plastic, but 50 pounds lighter. One sweet machine!

I don't have any experience with the Baja brand, but all my friends who have bought "off brands", have regretted it!

Old 09-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

i hear the ozark is better. this is ther main problem the wifey wants bars on the back so she can get rides on it. i wanted a sport atv. and she wants one with the racks. we will be driving this mostly on trails in nh, ma, vt . the other issue is size. and price. i will be towing a small trailer on my saab. I'm either going with brand new or i'm going with a few yrs used. id rather get the no racks. since i had a 88 lt 300 with racks, and my budding back in the day had a 200 blaster who would slaughter me up the sand hills etc. but he did'nt have reverse.

edit. wifey will let me get it with out the bars. i'm going to get a 250 either honda or suzuki . someone when they have time tell me whats better. ty, and enjoy the new gas prices.

Old 09-10-2006, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/en...ew.asp?code=51

I found this website, it has useful reviews.

Old 09-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider

bump

wow not much feedback on this one?

Old 09-17-2006, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

ok I've been going back on the 250 ex because it looks nice. has the rep. etc and shaft drive. but i really all along wanted a yamaha blaster. I know the gripes are the bad rear mech brakes. but in 2003 and newer they use the raptor brackes. which i have'nt heard any problems from. so the goal is to get 2 blaster's one for me. and one for her. her's won't be used as much as mine. but its the goal atleast. I know alot of people like the bigger quads. . ya know 400's and up. but i grew up on 350's and down so i don't see any reason, except for racing. to get a bigger headache.