Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Best China made 250cc HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 12:43 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best China made 250cc HELP!!

I'm betting more like 50mph.

Old 10-06-2006, 12:55 PM
JAH
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Incase, is there way of making it faster? Does speed limiter screw really limit speed/power? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 10-06-2006, 03:25 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

The stock name brand 400's won't even do 75 mph. If I have one pet pieve about the no-names, it's false advertising. They want you to believe you get more for less, and here in the real world, it just doesn't work that way.

Old 10-06-2006, 04:43 PM
JAH
Weekend Warrior

R u speaking from Experience or just a China hater? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-06-2006, 04:59 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

My mini is a China quad. I think they have a plus side but I think you also need to be realistic in your expectations.

Old 10-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
My mini is a China quad. I think they have a plus side but I think you also need to be realistic in your expectations.
I have to agree with raptor legs 100 percent. You need to be realistic in what you really bought.

The cheap mods to start with would be to open up the air box, if it has one, or to replace the air filter with a K&N or UNI, a new pipe, and rejet your carb. This will give you a little more performance without an engine rebuild or sprocket change outs.

JAH, lets us know how well your frame holds up to jumps and normal abuse. Also, let us know your riding style. Are you an easy rider, moderate, or aggressive, do you trail ride, flat land riding or jumps, etc...? The way you ride will really determine on how long your quad holds up. I bet it won't last more than a few rides. These quads are not made for any real abuse from aggressive riders. Even though the quad looks nice it is not built like a Japanese or Taiwanese quad, they just do not last.

I am speaking from experience. This is why I bought a TRX250EX. No more Chinese quads for me. I wouldn't even buy the new models that are using a little thicker frame tubing like the ones on the BMS 200's, 250's, and 300's.

Please do not take any of this the wrong way, but a lot of us were trying to steer you away from the Chinese quads. But you bought one anyway and now you have to deal with all the problems that plague the Chinese quads.

Anyways I do hope your quad works out for you.

Hope your first ride goes well. Look it over after every ride. Make sure all your nuts and bolts are secured. Check those wheel bearings often and look for any frame damage if your jumping the quad alot.

Good Luck.

SB.

Old 10-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

The local Yamoto Dealer told me all the big 3 jap, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki ATV's are made in China by the same Co and in the same exact factory as the Yamoto is made.

Old 10-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Range Rover

smb05 is definitly telling the truth. I had one of those Pep Boys china ATV's. I'm not saying it wasnt fun or anything, but every ride I came home with a new problem. Things were always breaking. I'm talking serious things to, my front left wheel broke off while i was riding. IF i was you, I would take it easy on that one, and always check it over really good after each ride. As long as you dont abuse it or do any serious jumping, I'm sure it will hold up fine.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:47 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

You can eliminate 50% of the problems by going over the machine with thread-lock. Make sure everything is snug and put it on every bolt and nut you can reach. It is a "must" imo.

Old 10-09-2006, 01:13 PM
JAH
Weekend Warrior

thanx for the info.. SMB05. I am an a lil over-moderate rider. This is my 2nd. china Quad. My first was a Jetmoto 150 which i purchased in July this yr. and its held up very good. The only thing ive had to do is loosen/ adj chain. I've taken it thru some pretty good torture; rocks, hills, some mild jumps. I wouln't compare my Jetmoto or my new Viva/Sunray at all to a Pepboy china quad, i did do some homework. These R actual clones w/ out the name brand and of course less expensive nuts&bolts etc.. Anyway's i'll let u guys know how the new bike holds up. thanx all. JAH

Quick Reply: Best China made 250cc HELP!!