Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

buying my first ute 4x4 . cat700, griz700,or bf750

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 11:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buying my first ute 4x4 . cat700, griz700,or bf750

may be some of u could help me out since i really dont have a chance to ride any of these machines back to back or even check em out with out driving a good distance . i have never owned or riden a 4x4 quad or even independent suspension setup b4 . im looking for something mainly for deep mud water and rocks riding and able to climb pea gravel dunes. im not looking for speed since i already have a yfz450 and a 400ex but that also reminds me this will be my first belt driven quad and im kinda affraid belts going to end up ruining a good day of river riding .

my choices have basicaly been narrowed down to the new AC 700 efi le,grizzly 700 efi and brute force 750. i want something i can ride wheelies with a nice balance point ( i know its not going to be a wheelie king like a 400ex but good enough to be able to play around when i want and not by standing on the rackes ) and go through mud and water up to the seat with out a problem.
i have always been a big honda fan but i seroulsy think i need a locker and good ground clearance. i know the cat has the most cearance but also i will be throwing 26 or 27sswamplite , mudlights or outlaws on which ever i get and a winch as soon i deceide which to buy .
im not exactly sold on the power steering on the grizzy but like the idea and i dont know the grizz has the oomph to ride wheelies on command im im curious how well they are in the deep mud and water since knowing the older grizs had problems with water getting in the belt but it looks like yam fixed this problem (well hopefully) .

so anyone that has a new grizzly 700 and arctic cat 700 please let me know if this is a machine that will exced my expectations. i know the brute force 750 has no problem riding wheelies but i hear lots of ppl complaining there brutes dont like water and mud and then i see videos of ppl ripping the living crap outa mud holes like nothing . i want efi but can do with out even thou i plan on riding out west in colorado and utah . that also makes me wonder how u hear ppl dont hve to rejet since there efi but do u have to do anything with the belt at higher altitudes?
any help would be great since im planning on purchasing very soon for a xmas gift to myself with the help of my great wife . the best prices i have found for the grizzly 700 is 6600 otd. bforce 6800 otd and last but not least the cat limited edition for a 6000otd the best deal is the cat but also my buddy runs the cat shop about a hour away from me and has been trying to convince there about as bullet proof like my honda but im still a lil skeetchy but like the idea of a 3 yr warrenty and know for sure everything will be pretty much covered even with the tires i choose unlike the other 2 machines and hes not making me have to purchase odd orange and letting me slide with a lime green with front and rear brush guard ,rims and warn 2.5 winch.
im just scared to end up having buyers remorce.since my wife wants me to get the cat since price and warranty but there heavy and im worried even with a handful of throttle wont get the front end off the ground and another thing that sucks is there all first year quads expt the bf750 i usualy dont like to buy first yr products till the bugs are worked out but looks like cat and yam have been doing there homework since i really havent seen anything or heard of anything going wrong with eaither machinces but its still a little early to tell.

Old 09-26-2006, 07:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Look at my AC with Swamplites on it. Also the third to last pic is what these cats look like all dressed up. Also, the speedrack lets me switch from a hunting machine/fishing machine/camping machine/ to a work machine in seconds, literally! I also like the Grizzly, so it would be tough for me, but in the end, i would get the cat

Old 09-26-2006, 09:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

yah v2 your cat looks pretty sweet , ive seen it on here a few times . can those cats get the front end up and have balance to walk some wheelies or are they heavy and geared to low? im pretty much pulling my hair out flip flopping on the grizzly 7 and the cat 7 .i just want a something to turn into a mud monster and still be able to ride wheelies.

Old 09-26-2006, 09:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I havnt got any experience on the AC700 . But mine will ride wheelies all day! Especially with the Dynatek cdi upgrade

Old 09-28-2006, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

The Outlander 650 will pop wheelies no problem fully stock and comes with a 42 month FREE extended warranty. IMO I'd probably wait a year on the new power steering ATV's, still not sure there is THAT much of an advantage for the cost/potential problems.

I know Kawi and AC have partnered up, how much of a difference is there between the BF and the AC700? I keep "reading" about suspension/front suspension issues with the BF but I have no first hand experience/knowledge of this being a problem.

I wouldn't rule out the KQ from Suzuki, I ALMOST got one last year(kinda wish I had instead of the Rincon).

Old 09-28-2006, 06:51 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: raidermike67
The Outlander 650 will pop wheelies no problem fully stock and comes with a 42 month FREE extended warranty. IMO I'd probably wait a year on the new power steering ATV's, still not sure there is THAT much of an advantage for the cost/potential problems.

I know Kawi and AC have partnered up, how much of a difference is there between the BF and the AC700? I keep "reading" about suspension/front suspension issues with the BF but I have no first hand experience/knowledge of this being a problem.

I wouldn't rule out the KQ from Suzuki, I ALMOST got one last year(kinda wish I had instead of the Rincon).
Arctic Cat and Kawasaki have NOTHING in common right now. The BF and the AC700 don't share a single bolt.

Old 09-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

And ACs 3 year warranty is free also

Trending Topics

Old 09-28-2006, 11:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

i like the new can ams but my local can am dealer wont budge on the prices, hows that 800 treating u in mud and water?
i went to my local dealer today to check out a few quads. they had a green grizzly 700 and the sweet blue candy brute 750 and the dam dealer wouldnt even let me sit on them. its funny if they would have let me test drive both and i would have fell in love with one or the other more than likly i would have brought one home even thou they would have had to order me a steel blue grizz if that was the pick but they lost a sell in the future. even my wife was shocked that i came home without a new quad in the back of my truck knowing i was scopeing them out.
i still havent seen the new cat 700 yet since i have to travel a good distance but once i do il test ride them and find some other dealer that sells yams and kaws and test drive each b4 i decide. i guess i just need to learn to have patience .

Old 09-28-2006, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

I don't do much mud riding, the air box is located right below the handlebars so you can probably go up to the seat in water without worrying about taking any in.

I had a hell of a time finding a good price on either a 650 or 800, I had to drive 900 miles round trip from No. Calif to So. Calif. to pick up my 800 for $8399, thats about the price I was being quoted on the 650 here.

Old 09-29-2006, 03:27 AM
Pro Rider

can-am renegade 800 best new quad out there

Quick Reply: buying my first ute 4x4 . cat700, griz700,or bf750