Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

buying my first ute 4x4 . cat700, griz700,or bf750

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 01:22 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buying my first ute 4x4 . cat700, griz700,or bf750

Originally posted by: scumboy
i like the new can ams but my local can am dealer wont budge on the prices, hows that 800 treating u in mud and water?
i went to my local dealer today to check out a few quads. they had a green grizzly 700 and the sweet blue candy brute 750 and the dam dealer wouldnt even let me sit on them. its funny if they would have let me test drive both and i would have fell in love with one or the other more than likly i would have brought one home even thou they would have had to order me a steel blue grizz if that was the pick but they lost a sell in the future. even my wife was shocked that i came home without a new quad in the back of my truck knowing i was scopeing them out.
i still havent seen the new cat 700 yet since i have to travel a good distance but once i do il test ride them and find some other dealer that sells yams and kaws and test drive each b4 i decide. i guess i just need to learn to have patience .
You are a smart man. Be sure to test drive EACH one and tell the dealer your plans, that you WON'T buy a quad without driving one first. Then, get the one that you like the best. Each of us has our list of likes/dislikes for each model, and we spend our money on what we like. v2rider and I like the Arctic Cat, so we got that, raidermike67 likes the Can-am the best so he got that.

Little more info on the AC 700 EFI, you can do wheelie on it stock, but will need about 200 miles to get it broken in. VDI makes a new CDI that will run a few hundred bucks, but will stand that thing on it rear bumper with the nudge of the throttle - or so they claim. The ground clearance and skid plate also are top notch. With 27" tires it will be one beast. If you want to see some AMAZING mudding videos with Arctic Cats (and some 700's too - but the 650's share the frame, etc.) then check out the video section over at Arctic Chat That stuff blows a guy away. Good luck to you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Got Milk!

Here is a good video of Arctic Cats in mud/water

Old 10-02-2006, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

On a BF 750i with a hammer of the throttle you can stand it straight up very easily and with an aftermarket CDI it's even easier. The BF 750 is proven and it can mud just fine plus it's motor is just plain SICK on low end perfect for mudding, the Grizzly 700 is brand new so it'll have it's fair share of problems so I don't recommend it, but it does offer some nice features.
The AC 700 is one of the nicest looking ute's I've seen. It offers a lot. Uses the "Susy" King Quad's 695cc motor and trust me it is a dog on low end, very sluggish power... Suzuki detuned it severely through a timing retard--- wheelies would be very hard on a 750lb Arctic Cat when they aren't easy on my 600lb King Quad with the same motor. There is a replacement ECU coming out for Suz's motor but it'll cost $400+. I will say with the VDI ECU the AC 700 would be one heck of a mudder, plus EFI is a very nice feature ecspecially in the wintertime. If you go with the AC 700 for $6000, automatically add $400 for the replacement ECU b/c it will be a must have b/c it's REALLY going to wake up suzuki's motor, really just undoing their neuturing, but really a possible 30% power increase isn't out of the question.

The Outlanders are nice but very expensive exspecially when you can get a AC 700 for only $6000($6400) that's a steal my friend, isn't their MSRP around $8000.

Old 10-03-2006, 01:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

i believe the msrp price of the cat is somewere around 8300 to 8500for a le edition and i definalty think im getting a steal for 6000 but im still not sure i wanna cat or not . more than likly il end up with the cat for the price but im really liking what i saw from a couple local guys that just bought the new grizzly 700s.granite i didnt really know these guys so i wasnt going to ask to ride there new babys but i did talk them into riding some wheelies and driving down the river to show me there not affraid of water. they said neither of them slipped while driving in water just below the bottom of the seat but from loooking at them only way waters going to leave yah stranded is getting over the handlebars or the machine sucks it through the exhaust but i dont think either machine skipped a beat cause they were rippin through some nasty holes .
i did get to manage riding my buddys dads 05 brute 750and i loved the umph it had but my biggest pet pev was will trying to fly though a nasty mud hole in 2wd and not making it the dam thing wouldnt engage 4wheel drive so i had to get pulled out knowing i could have easliy made it in 4 wheel. he has had problems pretty much from day one with it and i dont know if i want to take the chance of that since im looking for something reliable since not only will i be riding it but also my wife .but i sure do love the looks of the new blue brutes.
im just going to sit and try and be patient and wait and see which i end up buying after riding each . it basically still boils down to the cat and the grizz but after watching that video of the 500s in the water i might have to consider the underdog 500 lol. what mods and tires did those have ? thats basically what kind of riding i need to be able to do to get to some of our trails on the other side of the river.

Old 10-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Got Milk!

Originally posted by: scumboy
it basically still boils down to the cat and the grizz but after watching that video of the 500s in the water i might have to consider the underdog 500 lol. what mods and tires did those have ? thats basically what kind of riding i need to be able to do to get to some of our trails on the other side of the river.
As far as I could tell they have ITP 589's. One mod that they have is they did snorkel there ATV's to allow them to go even deeper. It is super easy to do this on an Arctic Cat. About $30 from the hardware store and you are set to go deeper then your handel bars.

Old 10-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Got Milk!

Here is a good thread on Snorkeled Arctic Cats You can see mine on page 15 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-04-2006, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Catterman
Here is a good video of Arctic Cats in mud/water
Nice vids Catterman! I don't think the green Cat in the video will last very long if that guy does that type of mudding everytime out, however. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]