Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

best atv for making it through deep mud?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best atv for making it through deep mud?

Originally posted by: MotoF150
read the December 06 issue of ATV Action Magazine, they test the Vinson manual it got excellent marks on everything except brakes and ground clearance and they say the acceleration and engine power it has will match and exceed many of the bigger quads cause you have total control what gear to be in where ur auto belt drive makes up its own mind what gear its in, when ur riding ur automatic belt drive quad ur being held hostage by the engine untill it makes up its own mind what gear its in. Any gear drive atv is better than any belt drive! Yea they use rubber timing belts in car engines but that timing belt doesn't push around the whole weight of the car, that line was used and used by every Polaris dealer for years, I saved you the trouble.
You know how I can tell when you are wrong?

When you reply to anything.

Old 11-16-2006, 10:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] !!

Old 11-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Trailblazer

Wheres the Brute Force? Is it not good in mud? I am considering buying either the 750i or the 650 with a single rear axle. I alos plan on putting either executioners, swamp lites, or mud hogs on thier. I'll probably also put a k&n air fliter on it too.

Old 11-22-2006, 01:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

single axle for mudding? suzuki for mudding? wow. im no genious but mudding is pretty much ALL i ride and both those words shouldnt be mentioned for mudding [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] id recommend a big bore, (700, 800cc) for extra wheel spin in the bad stuff as well as it helps turn the big mud tires. (well, i ride mudzillas which weigh a ton and the 500cc's struggled where the 700 spins flawlessly). I ride with all brands and for mud, (for mud, not overall, but for mud), i find the polaris hard to beat stock for stock. And yes, that includes the Arctic Cat which i was somewhat dissapointed in when it come to mud considering the specs. if you plan on adding mods like snorkles, tires, axles, lift kits etc. Im sure they all perform well in the mud once modded but stock, the polaris big boys come out the other side more often than anyone else in my experience [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] now driver has a LOT to do with it so maybe its just that polaris riders are better drivers overall or maybe its the machine but thats my experience with mudding.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:18 PM
DS2
Range Rover

Chevy

Old 11-23-2006, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, Chevys get stuck in paved parking lots.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats because there is a broke down ford or dodge blocking the way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2006, 09:47 AM
Trailblazer

Whatever...Fords will outlast a Chevy any day. My dads F-150 had 189,000 on it when he traded it off for a Powerstroke and it still ran and towed like a champ!

Old 11-24-2006, 10:00 AM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: MotoF150
Suzuki Vinson semi-auto, (manual) mainly cause its gear drive, belt drive ATV's the belts slip thru the mud, and the Vinson has a torque sensing limited slip front differential. The Cam Am infomerticial you seen on TV is missleading cause Can Am used the Vinson Auto the Vinson with a belt drive against the Cam Am and the Can Am beat it, but if they used a Vinson manual it would eat the Can Am alive. Remember the Vinson comes in two choices the Automatic with a belt drive and the semi-auto thats gear drive, you want the semi-auto gear drive Vinson.
"Belt drive ATV's slip in the mud"......I have two belt drive ATV's and I go through mud up and even over the racks.......Water not a problem ......You should say IF the SEAL is leaking.......NOT EVERY BELT DRIVE ATV HAS A BAD SEAL ON THE BELT HOUSING!!!!!!!......caper..........