Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

What brand is good ? Need advise

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 01:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What brand is good ? Need advise

Hello,
I want to purchase an ATV and on a budget. I have been looking at purchasing 110cc for a 6 year old. I have searched around and came across 2. One is a BMX and the other is an EAGLE Brand. It seems they are very similiar in their specs. But over all I have no clue and I need to make a decision soon. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Trailblazer

I am not directly familiar with any of the very small atvs. The concern I have with some of the very cheap ones that I have seen on ebay and elsewhere is that they may be of such poor quality that they won't run very well or very long and the young person will not get much use out of them or have a positive experience. I would be looking for a more well known name brand from a dealer near you who has a repair shop at his facility. Before I made any purchase I would question him about the machines reliability and the number of them he has seen brought back to his shop for repairs and what those repairs were. I would also try to find an independent repair shop in the area and go talk to the owner or manager. He will have some opinions that you will find useful. I have found from my experience with my own ATVs that it is important to purchase from a good dealer near by. I have tried purchasing from a dealers at some distance because of price and it has always backfired on me when I needed service and repairs. The local dealers are not nearly as helpful when you did not purchase the machine from them. That is human nature I guess.

Old 11-24-2006, 12:34 AM
DS2
Range Rover

I searched a little and can't find much on either brand. Try posting this Q in the kids quad section. Good luck!