Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Need help finding the perfect ATV for me, please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006 | 09:59 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Need help finding the perfect ATV for me, please help

anyone

Old 12-09-2006 | 05:46 PM
|
Trailblazer

anyone gonna reply?? Also, I am 13 years old, about 5 feet and maybe 2inches or something and i weigh about 100 pounds. I went around today and saw and sat on the ATV's i didn't talk to anyone about it or test drive em or anything unfortunately. Im a little intimidated by these ATV's. And i am probably not going to get a bigger ATV until i buy more land and im not sure when that'll happen. So until then im gonna look into upgrades or something for my raptor 80. I know of raptor80racing.com and the other place they show on that website, i also know of rockymountainatv.com. thank you!! oh and im still interested in finding a bigger ATV, I think by the time i'm able to buy a bigger atv i'll be big enough to ride em and such. And right now my favorite ATV out there would be a 2007 polaris outlaw 525 with skid plates, nerf bars, a mini cable winch and such, just saying that. Anyways, continue. Thank you!!!

Old 12-09-2006 | 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

Your 13? And your not going to get a bigger ATV until you buy more land???

Old 12-09-2006 | 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

It looks like you have a few years.

Old 12-09-2006 | 10:34 PM
|
Trailblazer

by more land i mean me and my family. I am not going to get such big ATV's. I realized how big they are and how dangerous it would be for me. Im changing the selecting. A sport quad WITH REVERSE and around 150-300cc's. Thank you!!

EDIT- how about the 2007 Suzuki QuadSport Z250. has reverse, automatic clutch, an affordable price, definitely more powerful than my raptor 80. It can go faster and get bigger air right? How is suzuki quads, im not sure if any of the places near me will let me test drive it, and i don't know if suzuki is any good. I know yamaha is really good. Are there any good upgrades? elka shocks, etc. What do you guys think? Thank you!

Old 12-10-2006 | 11:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

On subject, suzuki has some great sport quads. Off subject, why is your screen name "bigfootwitness"?

Old 12-10-2006 | 11:12 AM
|
Trailblazer

haha, bigfootwitness. We'll for quite some time me and my friends have been making a movie. My friend has a size 16 and is only 14. Hes big foot and im big foot witness. Maybe sometime i'll start a thread here on this forum in the lounge talking about the movie. anyways, lets get back on topic. So, is the suzuki z250 a good one for me. im 13 years old, 100 pounds and 2 or so inches over 5 feet tall. What about a raptor 350? when i went onto the suzuki website it said the z250 was automatic clutch. And then when i read the january 2007 dirt wheels mag it says the 2007 one is manual clutch. was i looking at the 2006 z250 on the suzuki website or what? thank you!

Old 12-10-2006 | 11:57 AM
|
Trailblazer

oh here is another question. I have a 2002 yamaha raptor 80. It runs good. it has a couple parts where the paint on some things were scratched off and some of the rims have very little rust on them. What if i painted all of it again, sanded and fixed up the rust. I use the plastic renew and i give it an extremely good clean. Then bring it in for a tune up. Put in the best gas and oil around. How much could i sell it for? thank you!

Old 12-11-2006 | 10:56 PM
|
Trailblazer

anyone? Do you guys think the z250 would be good for me, what about when im older? How much longer would it last until it would be too small for me?

Old 12-11-2006 | 11:14 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: BigFootWitness
anyone? Do you guys think the z250 would be good for me, what about when im older? How much longer would it last until it would be too small for me?

stick with the 80

Quick Reply: Need help finding the perfect ATV for me, please help