Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Which one to buy....

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one to buy....

I have a couple of options on a new quad to buy and I just wanted to get some "intelligent" advice (since I'm not familiar with all the quads). Here they are:

Brand New 2006 Arctic Cat 400, automatic. No extras, but brand new - $4,500

2004 Polaris Sportsman 600, auto, unknown on the extras - $3,600

2004 Polaris Sportsman 700, auto, unknown again - $4,000

I guess I just want some insight on which of these is the best machine. I've seen some bad reviews on the Polaris', which I have a hard time believing. I own a 94 Polaris 400L now, so either of the machines is a massive upgrade. Let me know your thought! Thanks!

Old 01-27-2007, 09:32 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Out on the trail one afternoon, I helped a guy put his brand new Polaris back together when the IRS litterally went to pieces. There were nuts and bolts and parts strewn out all over the trail for a hundred yards.......that right there cured me for all time from ever even considering anything Polaris!

Old 01-28-2007, 11:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

With a 3yr warranty on a new Arctic Cat, the choice shouldnt be hard to make[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2007, 12:44 PM
Trailblazer

AC's are good bikes no doubt and do many things well. But if you are shopping around, take a look at Yamaha also. They are very good bikes that do a lot of things well. Reading the different message boards, Yamaha riders seem to be the happiest with their bikes of any owners. There has been just to many problems posted about Polaris bikes lately by Polaris riders to be ignored. JMHO.

Old 01-28-2007, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

Originally posted by: QuadRidinCPA
I have a couple of options on a new quad to buy and I just wanted to get some "intelligent" advice (since I'm not familiar with all the quads). Here they are:

I guess I just want some insight on which of these is the best machine. I've seen some bad reviews on the Polaris', which I have a hard time believing. I own a 94 Polaris 400L now, so either of the machines is a massive upgrade. Let me know your thought! Thanks!
The Sportsman is very big and heavy, if you plan on doing any sporty riding at all I'd take that into consideration. They are so heavy at higher trail speeds they just beat you silly.

Old 01-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Trailblazer

i was looking at buying a artic cat 650 two seater and tested on the trials in new hampshier its not a very good atv the breacks dont work well at all the polaris has lot of things rong with it but still a all right atv a good one to look at honda bombader/can-am are great

Old 01-28-2007, 07:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by: reconranger
Out on the trail one afternoon, I helped a guy put his brand new Polaris back together when the IRS litterally went to pieces. There were nuts and bolts and parts strewn out all over the trail for a hundred yards.......that right there cured me for all time from ever even considering anything Polaris!
If it was "brand new" that is poor dealer prep right there my friend.

As for which quad to buy, the overall condition and maintenance for the '04s should come into play. The weight is close on all 3 quads, so going with a bigger engine can have benefits that may help negate the risks of buying used. If it was me, all other things being equal, I would go for the 700. Good thing it isn't up to me though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2007, 09:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bomberdier5
i was looking at buying a artic cat 650 two seater and tested on the trials in new hampshier its not a very good atv the breacks dont work well at all the polaris has lot of things rong with it but still a all right atv a good one to look at honda bombader/can-am are great
>>.>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;>>>>>

Not a very good ATV because you didnt like the "breacks"? Judging by the spelling, and grammar, I wonder if it is wise to follow your advice.

Old 01-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!

Originally posted by: ss97
Originally posted by: QuadRidinCPA

The Sportsman is very big and heavy, if you plan on doing any sporty riding at all I'd take that into consideration. They are so heavy at higher trail speeds they just beat you silly.
"Sportsmans are so heavy at higher trail speeds they just beat you silly".............My sportsman is the MOST confortable ride I ever had on a quad!!!! My buddies even drove it and could not stop talking about the soft ride......Did you ever drive one??........And yes I drive mine at high trail speeds...I have over 1000 miles and only 70 hours on mine..........We cover lots of ground and trails on our trips.....I just had to reply because I never heard of a Sportsman "beatin you silly" before!!!!!....Caper..........

You should post that on the Polaris forum to see how many guys are being beat silly on there quads......

Old 01-28-2007, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

You want other thoughts? Go look at some other brands. If your going to spend the money, don't limit yourself.

Quick Reply: Which one to buy....