Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Sport vs Ute vs "Hybrid".....

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport vs Ute vs "Hybrid".....

Originally posted by: v2rider
Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
If someone was givin me a choice to pick between a renegade and a rap 700.. Id take a renegade. big woopty doda about the weight. It zips along plenty good and that weight is nice on rough trails. don't beat the chit outta ya. It could be smaller no doubt. but Recon is just a Can am Basher. Can-Ams are not ment for the 160 lb Panty waists out there. They are made for men with out small man syndrome. 200+ lb riders you lil chits can ride whatever you want. but big dudes get cramped on those lil toys. and its about enjoyin yer ride whatever you got. they are not ment for rookies and lil people. end of story.

Hey im one of those 170lb "little " people. But at my last MMA sparring session, i choked out one of you 187lb "big" people. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
when i was 117lbs i wrestled 175 weight class. Now im 215 lbs And not as fat as i claim to be [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] your 170 lbs has somewhere around a 6% weight disadvantage in manipulating a 660 lb quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: v2rider
If someone was givin me a choice to pick between a renegade and a rap 700.. Id take a renegade. big woopty doda about the weight. It zips along plenty good and that weight is nice on rough trails. don't beat the chit outta ya. It could be smaller no doubt. but Recon is just a Can am Basher. Can-Ams are not ment for the 160 lb Panty waists out there. They are made for men with out small man syndrome. 200+ lb riders you lil chits can ride whatever you want. but big dudes get cramped on those lil toys. and its about enjoyin yer ride whatever you got. they are not ment for rookies and lil people. end of story.

Hey im one of those 170lb "little " people. But at my last MMA sparring session, i choked out one of you 187lb "big" people. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
when i was 117lbs i wrestled 175 weight class. Now im 215 lbs And not as fat as i claim to be [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] your 170 lbs has somewhere around a 6% weight disadvantage in manipulating a 660 lb quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Dude... I'm 330 and I ride one of those little z400 sport machines ....... and I ride with a lot of smaller people on bigger machines who don't exactly leave me in the dust ....

Old 04-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: ss97

Dude... I'm 330 and I ride one of those little z400 sport machines ....... and I ride with a lot of smaller people on bigger machines who don't exactly leave me in the dust ....
I bet you'd be fairly comfortable on sompin like a renegade though.. and obviously on narrow trails with it being around 48" wide your not gonna go as fast as a sub 46" quad. But i bet you its funner goin up hills where you can just stab the throttle and hang on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea I'm one of the smaller people 5'8" 175 lbs ,and my Zwill take me just about any where I need to go ,and I will use a ute for work.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: ss97

I bet you'd be fairly comfortable on sompin like a renegade though.. and obviously on narrow trails with it being around 48" wide your not gonna go as fast as a sub 46" quad. But i bet you its funner goin up hills where you can just stab the throttle and hang on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Nope.... I don't really like riding 4x4s at all.... They are fun for trail-blazing, but I ride mostly on fast open trails, and MX tracks, and prefer sliding around on my 2wd sport machine. I'm not your typical 300 pound rider, I ride more aggressive than most I've met. 4x4 autos bore the hell out of me....