Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Hello (New Member needing some advice )

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008 | 07:17 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Hello (New Member needing some advice )

Hello guys im new in this forum and as you can probably tell, i am from the UK. Now i notice most of you are from USA, but im sure you knowledgeable enough to help me.
Im a newbie to the whole ATV/Quad biking thing and want some advice in buying a quad bike.
Im 20, and dont want to spend that much. I want a sport quad for fun
Ive read your forums and came to the conclusion that chinese atvs are a no? However i am a little interested in the Bashan 200cc on road ( just to mainly use offroad cause i own a car) but as its chinese, im a little sketchy about it. buying a Yamaha would be a little steep too.

In short - what would you guys recomend for me to purchase for a neewbie who wants some fun offroad. Not cheap crap, but not to dear.

Thanks very much guys

Old 02-27-2008 | 08:57 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: UKOffroader

as you can probably tell, i am from the UK.

</end quote></div>

The tipoff for me was your typing accent and watching you drive your quad on the wrong side of the road. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I've always felt that you are better off getting a used name brand than one of the cheaper off-brands, but there are exceptions. Especially if you are new to the sport. It's very hard to figure out exactly what you want in a quad as there are not many chances to test ride for a real feel. If you can find a used quad in good condition you can get in some ride time yet if you figure out that it's not the right quad for you it can be resold at or near what you paid for it. Any new quad is going to depreciate a lot as soon as you roll it out the dealer doorway.

That said, Kymco seems to be making a good quality quad for less than the big name brands and seems to be a fairly reliable, quality product.

Jaybee

Old 02-28-2008 | 12:13 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Lol - i thought it was my name [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

I live in scotland and live near to woodland and dirt tracks - i really want something thats fun but doesnt look like a childs electric quad toy if you know what i mean lol.
Are these Bashan on road ones any good for a first timer?

Thank you for you help

Old 02-28-2008 | 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

we in the u.s. can't drive our quads on road legally. they're off-road only there's no on road quad over here to compare it to.many of us would love to ride our quad to work or the store but we would get a big ticket,confiscate our quad and maybe jail time too.if you have them over there i would suggest honda 400ex or suzuki z400 they're nice quads with plenty of aftermarket parts for them. hope this helps some

Old 02-28-2008 | 05:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

I'LL 2'ND THE 400EX AND Z400, BOTH GREAT BIKES!

Old 04-09-2008 | 05:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

hi im also a new user and also from the uk and just wondered how you rate the bashan .I brought one two weeks ago road leagl and love it its so much fun but i have noticed when im giving it a little (45mph)then back off the quad snakes at the rear and cause me to swerve could be fatel if a car was coming does your do this if not what could i try thanks alot shaun