Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

kfx/wolvy

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kfx/wolvy

I have been looking for a quad and have narrowed my search to a kfx 700 or a wolverine 450, i will ride trails and a small amount of mud, also I live about 15 minutes away from the silver lake sand dunes so will also be ridding there

can any body tell me what the pros and cons are for these quads are in these riding conditions and what you think about them

i will also be plowing the driveway in the winter with it

Thanks

Old 03-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Range Rover
Default kfx/wolvy

anyone

Old 03-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default kfx/wolvy

Well....I'll give this a shot. The Kfx is a heavy quad that is not for everyone, but it does fine on trails for me and from the people that I have talked to it does pretty good in the dunes but where I live there are none so you will have to take someone elses word on the dune riding. I cant say that I have a problem with its weight but I am 6-1 and 240 so it feels fine for me. I dont think that you would want to plow snow with it though!! If you are looking to ride trails and dunes with a lighter quad then the Z400 or one of the 450's would be a fine choice also. As for the wolvy..I dont know much about them but I dont think that they would be a choice for dunes, but I have never rode dunes so what do I know! Hopefully someone else will chime in here as well.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]