Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Second ATV

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 11:10 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Second ATV

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: west350bruin

That rubber band on every other big bore atv will still produce more power then the honda rubicon.. rubber band isn't so bad is it?</end quote></div>

The Rubicon is only a 500 and one of the less powerful 500 Utilites made at that. I hope a big bore has more power.

The bigest badest non belt drive ATV made is a 680 Rincon and its only a little more powerful than some 500s and underpowered for the big bore class.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Trailblazer
Default Second ATV

WHO CARES ABOUT YOUR ONGOING CRAP ABOUT BIG POWER, AND HONDA LACKS IT! (really)

Rickcj7: My new Honda Rincon has front disc brakes it just goes to show you what you actually don't know about Honda's.

Tlc: All you talk about is how powerful everything out there compared to the Honda's (BIG DEAL)

My Rincon has seen 64 Mph on the speedo on a good flat road. You know what that means nothing at all to me! Most trails we travel on an average speed is arond 18Mph unless you want to end up into the trees.

My Rincon has plenty of power to do it all perfectly, I'm not a snot nose kid who needs to go blasting through a big mud hole thinking thats cool to be filthy all day with mud from head to toe. Not to mention all the mud crap destroying the drive train.

Your quad will beat my Rincon through the mud and beat it in a drag race (So-What) I really enjoy having a trouble free day of riding with the most trouble free and best handling & riding quad there is. I'll sit back and laugh at you fools beating your quads to death trying to look cool.

Dirt Rider posted a Customer survey the Rubicon as having a 99% total Customer satifaction, so I could carless about any of your opinions about Rubicons coming in at whatever you had to mention.

HONDA: "Best on earth" Amen

Old 03-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Second ATV

Your last post just sums it up.
You know squat about atvs and you heard this or read that. The rags are paid to advertise and they only say good about them.
Yes Honda is trying to play catch up and added rear disc on the Rincon and EFI and now even power steering to match Yammy.
I thought we were talking about a Rubicon and last I looked they had drum brakes.
Yeah who really cares if its the fastest or not, but you want to be able to keep up if your riding in a group. Not all about speed but comfort and handling.
In stead of argueing with everyone on here, get out and check out the other atvs made. Not that Honda is bad but there are a lot better choices than a Honda!

Old 03-24-2008, 08:13 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Default Second ATV

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Rickcj7: My new Honda Rincon has front disc brakes it just goes to show you what you actually don't know about Honda's. </end quote></div>

Oh yes Honda still treats disk brakes and IRS like its something new and special. You have to have Honda's largest most expensive utility ATV they make to have IRS and disk brakes where everyone offers it on there entry class ATVs now, such as a inexspensive 350 Yamaha Bruin/Grizzly.

Most power? ,"Big deal"

Good in mud and speed? "So what."

If its available take it, I say. Its not like Honda gives you a price discount for things it lacks.

These owner do not seem to Happy.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default Second ATV

Funny thing is most give it a good rating but complain about only having 3 gears and no torque to spin the tires if in a mud hole.
Just what I would want an auto that can't spin the tires in mud! And only 3 gears to choose from, I guess I'm spoiled on my rubber band auto with variable forward gearing! My buddy has a Honda matic and he was saying how low 1st gear is, I left him try mine in low range to see what real low gearing is like. His 1st gear reminded me of driving a Honda car with an auto! Not low enough for offroad use.