Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Can AM renegade or Yamaha Wolverine

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can AM renegade or Yamaha Wolverine

No it was the rene that won, wolvy 2nd and scrambler last. They said that the best bang for your buck was the wolvy since the msrp of the rene was 1700 more then the wolvy....

Old 11-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

I would go renegade 800 without a doubt in my mind... the power of that thing is crazy (I have only rode the Outlander 800 so I can comment on the power but not the handling). V-Twin, EFI, overall just what I would say is the best engine in the biz. If you can pony up for the Renegade 800 then I would do it. If not, I'm sure the 500 would be fine too. If I had rode both it would be easier for me to comment on this. But I did get to ride my friend's 07 wolvy at his cottage.... I wasn't too impressed. It just didn't feel.... right? Maybe I'm just used to riding something more expensive. It certainly looks like a sport quad though, the 07 special edition black/red looks hot.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Of couse bigger is better but you need to buy the one that fits you best. Take into cosideration you size, riding ability and terrain you will be riding. I know if I was a smaller person that did not weigh a whole lot the Renegade 800 would be a handfull making you ride experiance not much fun exept in the straits! JMO

Old 11-17-2010, 12:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

the dilemna is this can-am renegade is a great machine, ground clearance, travel, power and good ride a little top heavy because of the clearance but none the less a great bike at 650lbs with a few acc's.

The wolverine also is a great bike even though it has a few less horses and weighs in a little over 100 lbs less. Very snappy well handling dependable and a little lower to the ground. So far it has been very impressive. Goes anywhere I take my rene you are right ground clearance is only around 7" in the rear but they make skid plates that help, anyone riding anything off road knows there should be skid plates on board.

Then there is the raptor 700 all I can say is it is FAST but we all know that and they have their application.

After 1800 miles on my wolverine and 1000 on my rene I can jump on either one and jam on down the road knowing full well I am gettin back. The rene is a little more cush in my eyes they are both GREAT RIDES and you can't go wrong with either.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider
Reconranger (automatics are for sissies)!

I have a 700 King now and have thought about downsizing to the 500 Renegade. I really don't need the speed of the King and my size does have something to do with it. I'm beginning to believe in the fact you don't need any more than you need (not want-lol). I'm 5'4" but 170 stocky pounds but I sometimes think the King is just too big....the only drawback would be losing my racks...decisions, decisions. I've gotten some good info on here.