Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

advice needed buying used

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 05:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

never mind I asked what machine was the best deal at 4 the money if you both would have read following posts you would have known what its use was for. And see that it was my bad for not stating it. but it seems that you both think the bigger cc motor is the best , im not a kid so power to me is nothing.
Anyway this will be the last post I make on this I will do more reseach myself I guess its my bad ...

Old 01-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Looked for a way to delete the thread but I dont see it

Old 01-15-2011, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

1. Regardless what the use is, the GRizzley is the best value (or, "best deal" in your terms).

2. Although you are not a kid, power is important. I bet that if you are serious about riding and using it for hunting, you will quickly shed the mid-size and move up to a big bore. (Also, if power isn't a consideration, why even consider a big bore?)

3. When you post a question in an open forum you are likely to get opinions that differ from yours (crazy, I know). If you don't like/trust/want others opinion, the best plan is to get out there and ride them for yourself. I assume thats what you'll be doing. Good luck, and I hope you find one you love.

4. Since you won't be responding I will assume you won't be reading this. Thus, the above is solely for my self edification.

Hey BG, I'm sticking only to your thread now. Lesson learned!

Old 01-15-2011, 08:07 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hahaha- why do people ask for someone's opinion and then get all cranky when they don't get the answer they want-

Old 01-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

I think he needs to get a TRX450R!!!!

Old 01-18-2011, 08:07 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 165 Likes on 164 Posts

I think he should get a Roketa 250.

Sure, it's a POS, but at least he'd be happy we all agreed on that.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:03 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

never mind I asked what machine was the best deal at 4 the money if you both would have read following posts you would have known what its use was for. And see that it was my bad for not stating it. but it seems that you both think the bigger cc motor is the best , im not a kid so power to me is nothing.
I think that was his best line in red above- does that even make sense??? He didn't indicate in the 1st post what he was using it for- then says we answered wrong because we didn't read what he wanted to use it for- then admits to "not stating it" in the first post, then gets angry because the one atv we thought was the best deal out of the 4 is the one he thought was the worst- so then that means were brand loyalists, even though neither of us own a yamaha-

we need to start a "DUH" forum and this guys post needs to be the first entry!

Old 01-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

OK so which one should I get... Only Kidding, I am going to start my own post!!!

Old 01-26-2011, 08:40 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I chose buy the condition,you cant hide a abused ATV,one look or test ride will tell you if it any good. I also look at the owner,the older guys who plow there driveways or hunt are a better bet than the younger guys who just ride for the thrill of it.

Bought 4 used ATVs in my life, I never was stuck with a bad one yet and saved thousands vs new.

Everyone on this site rides a use ATV, there considered used once they get to your house from the show room floor.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks TLC, appreciate the info. I need to get out there and take some test rides..

Quick Reply: advice needed buying used