Electronic Fuel Injection Question - Page 2 - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Electronic Fuel Injection Question

Old 12-26-2012, 12:23 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by tperk100 View Post
This is what I ought to buy, but it's only 2WD....I want 4.

E-Force | Eco Electric ATV

agree with tlc-
it's junk IMHO- you'll get 2 years out of it before the batteries go south- plus, it's the same size as a full size big bore but with half the power and I bet not nearly as comfortable! what do you do if you want to head out for a day's worth of riding? bring spare batteries or a long cord?

it'll never catch on.

you'd be better off with an arctic-cat diesel or a propane conversion on a gas engine.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry so long to update this. Bought 2014 Honda 420 FPA. Have not had the least bit of trouble with it sitting for a year. I do put some additive in it, fill the tank, and run for few minutes before storage. Don't use this very much. Believe it or not, about half the gas in the tank is FIVE years old!

CASE CLOSED!

Old 02-20-2019, 08:50 PM
Frank Flintstone

My gas never gets as old as that and any gas I have in cans goes in my truck when I park the ATV for winter. I've been riding my Sportsman 500 EFI for 10 years and it usually sits from some time in September after Labor Day weekend until May when I go for a Memorial Day weekend ride. I add Sta-Bil, with or without Sea Foam, and run it for 5 minutes and never had a problem with the fuel or injectors. I plowed snow twice this winter but didn't for a few years before that, so my ATV sat for 7-8 months each time. I just started it up about once every other month and let run awhile to charge the battery.

Old 02-21-2019, 01:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yeh, It's probably time for me to drain the tank and put gas in my truck, and start with some fresh gas next year. I have been topping off tank with "pure" non-ethanol gas, but I understand this does not really help with the negative effects of long term gasoline storage. I typically use generous amounts of both Sea Foam and Star Tron Enzyme treatments (blue bottle) before storage with full tank. An acquaintance of mine is the Regional Tech Rep for Arctic Cat, and he tells me that the Star Tron is by far the best gas treatment. I have been using it for almost 10 years in all of my small engines, and it seems to work very well.

As for the battery, I use good quality trickle chargers on my ATV, Generator, Boat, and RV. The batteries seem to like this treatment. My ATV battery is 5+ yrs old, generator battery lasted 9 years. I have about 5 of these. Have had only one go bad in 15-20 yrs.

Battery Tender Battery Tender

Old 02-22-2019, 01:20 AM
Frank Flintstone

I never tried Star Tron but it sounds good. I used to use a double dose of Sta-Bil then switched to Sta-Bil and Sea Foam. I used all my Sea Foam in the fall so maybe I'll try Star Tron instead this year. I've dumped really stale old gas in my truck to get rid of it before, even when it didn't smell like gas anymore, without any problems. A full tank of gas (35 gallons?) does a good job of diluting the old crap, but I haven't had to deal with that in years. I had some 32:1 premix for my weed whacker go bad one time and dumped it in there too, no problem. A little oil never hurt anything I've owned.