Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Blaster or 300EX?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2001, 05:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am slmost sure i am getting a 300ex but i am still not a 100% sure please tell me what you think.THANK YOU

Old 08-05-2001, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

Because the 300ex is just a better all around machine. Fast, fun, and can hang with the big boys in the really tight stuff. Trust me I use to love my 92 blaster. But ever sense my buddy and I ran his old 300ex against our hopped up 250r's when his R was broke, I will never say anything but good about the 300. That thing is just plain bad. Espially for its engine size. Good Luck! I don't think you will be disappointed with the 300ex.

Old 08-06-2001, 09:51 PM
Trailblazer

I own a y2k Blaster and my brother in law owns a 2001 300ex and the 300 ex is an all the way around better.It has a better suspension,way better brakes,and the four stroke is more reliable,it also has reverse.If you can afford the price difference go with the 300.If price is a factor check out the recon my son has a 2001 recon and it performs fantastic.Great suspension,reverse,no maintenance shaft drive.The quad can keep up with anything.Plus you can strap stuff on the racks.

Old 08-07-2001, 07:21 PM
Trailblazer

get the 300ex There so smooooth. My dad owns one that i ride all the time the 300 will go faster and it has reverse i like reverse [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 08-10-2001, 09:45 PM
Trailblazer

My brother kicks my cousins AZZ on his Blaster. My cousin has a 300ex. The blaster is a much better machine.

Old 08-10-2001, 10:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey man i totally agree with mroux the blaster is the way to go.i have raced against a 300ex and beat it by a mile because the blaster is a sick mechine.also let me give you a clue the blaster is so light you dont need reverse no matter how big or small you are you can just roll it or reverse it by putting your feet on the front tires and pulling them backwards. that i learned at the quad races.Also if your looking for a sporty look go with the blaster because it looks great and you can even make it look better by taking of the front fenders and black fender bar.the blaster will go through ne thing a 300 ex will and more.i have a 2001 blaster and its all stock and i can beat ne four wheeler except a modded banshee raptor 250r or mabey a 400ex.also the blaster is very cheap compared to a piece of junk 300ex.and fourstrokes suck.especially in races except the raptor.there are so many good after market things that could make it go even faster that way it could beat ne thing like the vitos 240 big bore kit.stock the blaster is about 17 H.P. after your vitos its about 30 H.P.and if you plan on getting an aftermarket pipe (which i highly reccomend)get the trinty hi rev pipe its the best pipe out there and it gives about 5 more H.P.i am telling you dont waste your time with the 300 ex just go with the blaster and youll see trust me i know alot about fourwheelers i have grown up around them and 2 strokes ar much better.ok GO WITH THE BLASTER. cya later and let me know what your thinkin about doin.oh and also never ever get a recon because they just plane suk and have no speed because all 4 strokes and automatics have no pickup so if you have ne questions let me know and i ll be glade to answer them

Old 08-10-2001, 11:55 PM
Trailblazer

bigblasterboy is right. If you want somethin that goes fast and gets there quickly, get a Blaster. Four strokes just don't have the hard hitting powerband of 2 strokes. My piped Blaster rips. If you want it to be smooth and have really good low-end the stock pipe is great, plus its quiet. Besides all of that, you can slip the clutch on the Blaster cuz its a 2-stroke, and it won't do much damage. In fact, that's a part of ridin 2-strokes. The Blaster is also very light with a dry weight of only 320 lbs., which makes it easier to turn,jump and whatever. The 300EX is definately heavier with the four banger.And with four-strokes, you have to change the oil that is shared by the clutch, gears, and cylinder more often than you have to change the oil in the Blasters gearbox only. And if you happen to flip the 300EX, it can really mess up the motor cuz the oil can get in the cylinder by going past the rings or through the crankcase breather/PCV valve. Not good. The blaster can't do that. Mods for the 300EX are also more expensive and harder to find, and don't make te motor much more responsive and powerful as the Blasters cheaper easier to find mods will. Just go with the Blaster

Old 08-11-2001, 12:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have never ridden a 300ex but I ride my brother's 350 Warrior all the time. I personally prefer the Blaster over the Warrior even though it's a rougher ride. Two-strokes are simply more fun to me. You hit the powerband, spin tires, tires find traction, hold on tight, stiffen your neck, and try to keep the front end down. You can catch big air with a Blaster since it's so light. Also, look in some ATV magazines like Dirt Wheels and you'll find tons of hop-ups for the Blaster. Once you hop them up a little you can easily keep up with or beat 300 exs and you still have the 2-stroke fun. Blaster's offer almost as many hop-ups as Banshee's cause they're 2-strokes and everbody likes them. This is all just my opinion and preferences. It'll be a while before I get rid of my Blaster. Either quad is a good choice though. Just pick one and save money for the other or be smart and test drive them both at your dealer and then pick the one that you like best.

Old 08-11-2001, 12:15 AM
Trailblazer

Like I was saying.. my brother has a blaster and my cousin has a 300ex.... the blaster is a 2001 with a pipe and k&N filter... the thing hauls ballz. seriously... blows my cousin away... now my cousin doesnt really ride anymore cuz he is pisssed off. owell, thats why i got a banshee.. hehe

Old 08-13-2001, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

If this is just an intermediate bike to hold you over for a couple of years, then the Blaster might be OK. If this is something you want to keep, get the 300. Our 300 is rock solid, but our Blaster is a DOG. It's down all the time for some kind of repair!! I've come to think of the Blaster as a disposable bike. Ride it a couple of years, then throw it away.

Quick Reply: Blaster or 300EX?