Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Arctic cat vs. evrything else...?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2002, 10:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last june, my dad and i purchased are first atv, being 4004X4. We really did are homework and did a lot of research. We eventually came to the conclusion that that the AC was the way to go. It had all the good options for the money (ex. highest towing capacity, rack capacity, and ground clearance). We planned on using the atv for trail riding and hunting, and work around the cabin. However, most of our friends ride honda 450s and the swear upon them. They say that the AC is no good.

After having the atv for almost a year, it has perfromed flowlesly, not complaints what soo ever. The power is very good, and it is easy to steer. The only thing that it lacks is speed, but who cares when ur in the woods... Still all i here about AC is that they are junk and arnt woth the powder to blow them up. I can not see how they come to this opinion.

Anyway, we are looking to bye another atv this summer. I have looked at all the atv specs in the 400 range.( Kawasaki 400, honda 450, polaris 400, and the kodiak 400) after looking at all the specs, i still believ the AC has the best machine for the money. Can anybody try to change my mind on the decision, and why evrybody bashes the AC. Also, any recomendations on other atv's are greatly appreciated. I'm lookin for a 400-500 class with in and out 4WD. Thanx in advance. Ryan

Old 04-02-2002, 03:00 PM
Range Rover

Go with the AC.. Has your Dad's AC given you a reason to think of purchasing another brand?

Old 04-02-2002, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

Articcat7mm
If you have had good luck with AC stick with it 100%. I am a POLARIS FAN and hear the same things on reliability. I have not had a single problem. I say stick with what you trust. I own a 400 4x4 Scrambler and for me there is not a better "DO ALL BIKE" on the MARKET.

Old 04-05-2002, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

I'm a die hard honda fan....not because anyone else told me to be, but because i have had hondas and really liked them and had no problems....if your arctic cat treats you the same way, stick with it....just be careful of first-year machines...i won't buy a first-year honda.....don't let anyone tell you that a AC sucks just because they own a different brand...sounds like you have the type of machine you're looking for...i think if you switched now, you would second-guess yourself!!

Old 04-12-2002, 05:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Arcticcat7mm

I just recently puchased my first atv. I checked the spec's and test drove all the major brands in the 400 class. They were all good machines but I went with the 375 auto 4x4 AC for all the reasons you stated plus a couple more (f&r disc breaks & engine breaking). I found that between the features and price AC was the right machine for me. Talk is cheap, results are what matters at the end of the day. Go with what works for you.

Mwy