Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Financing an ATV purchase

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Financing an ATV purchase

Hummmmm, That's interesting that they would not take the card. I know this is way after the fact but the only way the dealership can get away with not accepting a credit card is if they do not accept those CC's for any purchase.

The dealership may not like you to use a CC for a major purchase as they may have to pay a percentage to Visa but if they refuse to take your card or if they do not sell for the same price for cash or CC's, then they risk loosing their merchants license for all those type of credit card purchases. If you are ever in that situation again just flip your credit card over, call the 800 number on the back of the card and once you explain the situation - hand the phone to the dealer. Then they'll take the card.

That's really a shame Chet, you were probably looking at getting at least $100 back - money that would come from the credit card company, not the dealership.

Jaybee

Old 10-28-2002, 07:33 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you need to borrow for a Quad or anything else for that matter you can't beat State Farm Insurance for products 3 years or less rate is between 5 & 7% based on credit score. They are one of the largest banks around. Check it out!!
I am a Cannondale dealer and Funancing rates vary from 8.5 to 19% depending on amount & credit score.
Good Luck.

Old 10-28-2002, 08:37 PM
RIP Dear Friend

jaybeecon55,

You are correct on the amount and it would have been slightly more than that.

I was so excited about getting the Raptor at that time I just wrote the check and wanted out of there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

At another dealership before the Raptor I did purchase with a credit card.

I didn't even think about calling the number on the back and thanks for that information. I might need to do that in the future.

Chet

Old 10-29-2002, 01:27 PM
Trailblazer

I would agree with most everything stated above. The Offers being made by Yamaha, kawasaki and others, are a cash alternitive only. If some one has the money to pay for the bike outright, or can completely pay it off within the alloted time, then letting his money earn a little intrest while getting 6 months 0% or 12 months 2.99% is a wise decision. But in no way should those offers be used for long term financeing.

Also, on a $6,000 loan, the difference between a 8% loan and a 10% loan is really only a couple dollars a month, but yes you should get the lowest rate possible.

Old 11-01-2002, 01:04 PM
Range Rover

Being a financial counselor, I would say there is a lot of good points made in this thread. I am in the market currently for a 600Twin and I will probably take advantage of the 6 months 0% financing and pay off as much as possible during that 6 months. I figure I wont have more than $3000 left to pay at the end of my promotional period so I will use a check from my only credit card (with no balance) I carry and finance the rest for 4.9%. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Due to the economy, financing options have gotten a lot cheaper for everyone but, of course, is contingent off of your credit worthiness. I also have to consider that my father in law is going half on this quad since we will be using it for hunting and trail riding too. I would like to get him to just get another one so that we could ride together and I would be keeping both of them at my house due to storing capacity so then my wife and I could both ride them too. I hope this is what ultimatley happens.

Good to see an important post like this one tha applies to all ATV communities !!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]