CAN-AM (BRP) Ask an Expert! An area where experts in their field will answer Non-General or Non-Basic questions about your CAN-AM (BRP) ATV. ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE CAN-AM (BRP) SECTION. Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!
MrHorsepower and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.

10 hour service

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10 hour service

i bought leftover 08 outlander 650 and haven't gotten out on it much at all. i'm wondering, i'm getting maintainance soon message on the gauge, is this an automatic message so u hav to bring machine to dealer and get hosed on ten hour service or could there b something wrong with bike. i pulled break in oil out and someone told me all they are gonna do is stick shims to make sure valve clearance ok and thats it. the bike has hardly been used and seems perfectly fine. does anyone have any input or know sequence to cancel message. it only comes right when i start machine and i never see it again. is this a crucial service or can i skip it? thanx in advance

Old 08-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by natty68
i pulled break in oil out and someone told me all they are gonna do is stick shims to make sure valve clearance ok and thats it. the bike has hardly been used and seems perfectly fine. does anyone have any input or know sequence to cancel message. it only comes right when i start machine and i never see it again. is this a crucial service or can i skip it? thanx in advance

Is this common on all Outty's??