CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

720 Dyno #'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 720 Dyno #'s

Right on Sam...So is yours going to be ready for Pismo?

Old 05-14-2003, 10:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 720 Dyno #'s

Hmm, first I've hear about going to pismo on memorial weekend. Thought it was all booked up? Guess I shouldn't have told mom we'd come see her that weekend.

Old 05-14-2003, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default 720 Dyno #'s

Wow you are getting old. LOL...we even talked about it. Said Dumont if the weather was OK and you said naw it would be to hot for that. Oh well....Guess I can represent[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-14-2003, 11:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 720 Dyno #'s

eyes be talkin of stayin the night, taking the trailer etc. A one dayer is ok.

Old 05-15-2003, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default 720 Dyno #'s

So Scott what is up with those Dyno runs????? I must admit I am a little dissapointed with those numbers.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I can't figure why Marbleous is running 72 R.W. H.P. with his 727 and Mario and I are winning against him? Some body's Dyno is WAYYYYY Off!! That 720 kit should be putting out around 67 to 70 h.p. I am hopefully going to get mine Dynoed tommorow but I am not sure what the outcome will be, because I don't know if this Dyno I am going to is very accurate?! I guess we will see tommorow. Either way you are going to love it!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Mario should be brining his rig down this weekend to start getting his upgrades going.

Old 05-15-2003, 03:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 720 Dyno #'s

Scott:

That sounds great.

Angry:

Don't worry about the Dyno numbers themselves. Dyno's are sooooooooooooooooooo different that I am convinced you cannot compare them unless they are on the same dyno the same day.

I'ld put my 50HP quad against a Trinity Dyno'd 50HP quad any day of the week (heck, I'll even let you throw one of those 4SW's 80lb jockies on it).

(Dang, either Sam Coe's Dyno is high too or the place I had mine dyno'd at is way lower than others.)

Seriously, I think a 720 should be right about what Sam got out of it (maybe a 65.) I don't doubt you are spanking others that have dyno'd at higher HP's with different dyno's. Just shows how off the other dyno's are.

Me. . . I would rather beat someone on my 50HP quad that claims they have 55HP. So, keep beating that 727 and let him talk about all the HP he is getting because it is all BS.

Old 05-15-2003, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default 720 Dyno #'s

The dyno # are only good for seeing the difference between stages. I will say this, my bike ran 54 hp at 4SW2 as a stage 1 and only 50 hp as a stage 2 on SamCoe's Dyno. My point is the dyno at 4SW2 was very generous, I am sure that if I were to run my bike now on that dyno it would show 67-70 hp.

Old 05-15-2003, 10:53 AM
Range Rover
Default 720 Dyno #'s

There you go again Tony, keep thinking you beat my 727 keep dreaming buddy. I rememember
washigton redsin giving your bike a spanking with him on it, even Mario said he took your 720 very
easely with mine. He's the one that recommeded to me to go out and get a 6 inch swingarm and
I should be even faster out of the holesot. By the way even Al saw the results when you bike got
spanked by mine. So if your going to state something, please state the truth if not it will
only bite you in the a$$.
Now I agree with you guys about dyno runs. When I picked up my bike from Trinity it dynoed
at 71 H.P. After getting al the bugs out of amonth later I dynoed it here in Vegas and believe
it or not It resulted in 65 H.P. , but yet the bike felt stronger and faster then when I picked
it up from Trinity..
Can you explain, I dont get the picture here???????

Old 05-15-2003, 12:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 720 Dyno #'s

I think the guys from Trinity have taken a page out of what the clothing industry has been doing for years.

If the ladies that are a true size 8 try on a size 6 and they fit it they will buy it because it makes them feel good.

Well simply put which would you rather have 60HP or 70HP?

It is tough to look at that 70 and say no.

It is just sitting there. . . calling out to me. . .

Stop it. . .

Old 05-15-2003, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default 720 Dyno #'s

Anything that has a meter and can be calibrated can also be manipulated. Coming from the world or professional car audio I have seen it many times. Using an RTA(Real Time Anylizer) they measure your frequency response curve, in this the flatter the better. This cannot be manipulted but yet the score is given by how big of an allowance it can have. IE: 700HZ is 7DB louder so it gets a a point deduction if the meter is set at a +/- 5db setting. Or they could have it set at +8 db and it would be no deduction, you get the picture. Then comes the biggest arguement of them all, SPL rating. The meter is supposed to be zerod before the competition, in order to Zero it it has a built in +/- 10db setting that can be used. What happens often is a competitor will go into diffent competitions and get different reads. My bro for instance. In a competition in Rock Springs Wy he scores a 146.5 three days later he goes to a competition in Jackson WY scores a 151.3 then goes to SLC UT a week after that and scores a 155.7. The great thing about it is though no matter what the meter says all cars are judged on the same day using the same meter and once the meter is put into comp mode it cannot be reset til power off so everyone is equal reguardless of their scores. The thing that happens is often to get the crowd and excitement up they will peg the meter to make higher numbers to build excitement, hmmm do you think builders could do that to dyno's??????LMAO

Just an FYI The scores above were meterd at flat curve, in outlaw SPL which allows you to tune the curve for Max SPL his highest score is 164.9 db. lets just say it can really hurt to listen to.

Quick Reply: 720 Dyno #'s