CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

texas sand drags, wolf sand drags, sallisaw 1/8 mile asphalt results!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 03:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default texas sand drags, wolf sand drags, sallisaw 1/8 mile asphalt results!!

I met dsmike,dollarbillz,adamsbadds650 at texas sand drags on friday night, all had a good time, my best run was 5.20 with a 2.0 60ft time at best on shocks no wheelie bar. dsmike ran 5.0 with a 60ft time of 1.80. him on +8 swingarm and me on +4 swingarm. I left there and headed to wolf sand drags in wolf, ok where i met turbo bobby. I run 5..0 my best pass, won the heads up racing time trials in modded four stroke class and the double elimination bracket racing, left there with a plaque and a fist place medal. bobby won the stock four strock class on his predator and got him a plaque also. left there at 3 today and met dsmike at sallisaw asphault strip. there was a bunch of bikes there, banshees, v force, stage 3 ds, predators, pretty much every thing. endded up getting beat by dsmike on his yellow bike by 1 tenth. he rann 7.90 @ 83mph in 660ft or 1/8mile, i went 8.0@82mph in660ft or 1/8mile, both still on shocks no wheelie bars. not bad for a couple of trail bikes!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2003, 04:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

D@MN good times you got there! Sounds like you had a wonderfull time.

Old 06-22-2003, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider

Roostin On You has one bad ds, got to meet him at Wolf, really nice guy and one sweet bike.

Old 06-22-2003, 02:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Good job rooster!!!

When was the last time you went trail riding???????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????

Old 06-22-2003, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

When was the last time you went trail riding???????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????

Every chance i get 14mins!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] your just jeolous, too bad that cam is too big for you to trail ride!!

It was nice meeting you polarisfreak!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] you have a super fast bike yourself!! that has to be the fastest 2 stroke polaris ive ever seen( and rode)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2003, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

My quad was crapping out on me on Friday. from 4:00 to 12:00 I got to make ONE full pass. First my timing was off, so I had to pull the valve cover and everything and change that, then my starter solenoid took a crap, then my floats were off, so me and Dollarbillz offset the needles to try and equal it out a bit. I come home and decide to put in new rocker arms, pull the valve cover, and one of my camshaft sprocket bolts came loose and sheared off the little weight guard into my engine. So I called the Yammy dealer and had them next-day me some new ones. But I still haven't found the piece in my engine. It's kinda heavy, so if I don't find it by thursday, I am just putting it back together and hoping that it lasts the weekend. So here is my to do list for this week

change tires
put shocks back on
get starter solenoid off Justin's wrecked Raptor
try and find piece in engine
change oil
fix floats
pick up new pieces on wednesday, install, put valve cover back on, and adjust valves
get everything ready for summer nationals
drive to Dallas to buy race gas
put flywheel back on (took off to look for piece in engine)
put magneto cover back on

I'm sure I missed some stuff, but that's most of it. I got my work cut out for me this week

It was great meeting DSmike and seeing his bike run. it is fast for a trail bike. I think I am just going to leave my shocks on from now on. I could tell NO time difference between struts and shocks.

Old 06-22-2003, 05:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Adam- A few said you claimed Crafty never ran a 5.1 on the baby raptor at the texas drags. Why??

Got the carbs dialed in, back on the trail and picked up more on the top to boot[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hope you are not counting on a throphy

Old 06-22-2003, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

According to you, he didn't either. YOU said he ran a 5.2. I haven't seen any of his time slips, but here is the post that I found....

"Crafty ran a 5.2 at 59.29 with the baby craycraft. It is a 686 with a 10.75-1 and a web 696/697 cam with craycraft porting and coatings"

It is in the post titled "My times from the texas sand drags: update" I said he ran a 5.2, and that is what it says, isn't it?

And I am not expecting a trophy, like ALMOST everyone else, we are out there to have fun.

Old 06-22-2003, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2003, 02:29 AM
Pro Rider

Since when did people care what Adam said/thought?

Quick Reply: texas sand drags, wolf sand drags, sallisaw 1/8 mile asphalt results!!