CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

fired up the new 720.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 02:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fired up the new 720.

well i fired up the 720 and ran it for a while no water in the oil[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] the compression is 13-1 and no problems it maybe 13.5 can't remember, but it kicked right off had to adjust the idle a little. the new tach made it nice could see idle was a little low. looks like gary has a winner there i'm excited to hit comp, hope the swingarm thing doesn't kill my weekend.

Old 06-29-2003, 03:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Man, I missed hearing you were doing this! Where have I been!

Did Gary do the sleeve?

What did he include in the kit?

How much?

Hmmmm

Did he assemble or did you?

What kind of turn around time did he have?

Old 06-29-2003, 04:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider

well it is a 105 steel sleeve with o-ring, put in the heavy stay bolts and head bolts, and that about covers the cylinder the piston is 13-1 maybe 13.5. the head turns out is a freak it was a woods that went to pami for mod to a 760, so who knows on that one gary put new valves in it, it also came with shim under bucket, it flowed well not as good as his on the top but not far behind. then it already had the head cut to allow the piston dome to not hit, which is a raised deck piston for a flater burn surface not the wedge like the woods pistons, then we put a set of web 109 cams in. then it put a new chain tensioner in a manual one. i pulled the engine out off the frame and broke it down to the piston, and gary took it from there he handed it back all put together, it was about a two hour turn around. he put in a bunch of new stainless bolts. i may try and talk him into a kit for the whole engine. other than that he told me i would want to get a set of dual fcrs to get the rest of the power on the top, plus since i ride so much sand i'll want a swingarm probably a +4 other than that it was have fun it was a really fun experience. i've had the honda at another shop for over two weeks and it still isn't done, guess what they are waiting on? a gasket set, you would think they would have ordered that right off the start.

Old 06-29-2003, 12:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Very interested to see how that runs vs. a few of my buddies quads. I have a few nasty Shee's that need a little roosting. I gotta give it to the Shee's. . . they can be modified for not much $$$.

That 720 kit is sure getting popular. Glad to see it is working out for everyone. It finally gives us an inexpensive mod that produces great power.

What fuel are you running with the 13:1? Meth?

Old 06-29-2003, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

That's very cool Sandman, can't wait to see your bike run. We went to florence this weekend and I got ripped by an 90lb kid on a baja. That's ok, both bikes were stock and he got me by 2 bikes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] This winter I may have to send mine to Gary!

Old 06-29-2003, 12:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider

not sure yet in the area of 110, but i have 1/4 barrel of 120 so i may mix and try a few things. the 108 is what a few places have recommended. i can get a 55 gallon barrel for 250 so it should be ok. hey duneme do you have a extended swingarm?

Old 06-29-2003, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

well sandman it sounds like you are going to have a real runner there but it also sounds like a longer swingarm will be in order to be able to take advantage of that power in a drag race start.i dont think that it will be as bad as my raptor was before i put my swingarm on because they are front end light to begin with but that will be a big increase in power and trying to keep that front end down will become an issue.i may not be on the raptor this weekend because my swingarm has developed a crack in it where it was welded when they extended it but i will at least be there with the baja.when you get everything dialed in on your 720 i will have to run it with the raptor to see what the outcome would be but i think i already know that i would get beat we will just have to see by how much.the baja for a stock motor is really surprising me it will beat a stock raptor pretty easily and will even walk away from the wifes 440 ex up comp although only by about 1 quad length but still that is good for a stock machine.well i will probably see you this weekend at florence and try to not beat up on the banshees too bad as they seem to really to get upset when they get beat by a four stroke i mean i know how bad i feel when i beat them.HA HA HA

Old 06-29-2003, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider

Get a full ride in today and give us a report on any issues that come up

Old 06-29-2003, 01:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider

yeah i have to say i don't care what the fourstroke is when one beats a banshee, i get that good feeling. don't get me wrong i'm a banshee fan, but for the most part a lot of the riders act like we shouldn't be on the hill. but so this isn't a slam it is a lot of fun when they come over and let you know they were shocked and tell you congrats. i was doing really well on the hill last time at florence, and this banshee came over it was a monster they said a 520 i think i was 3 quads behind before i got off the line but at least i'm inching toward the higher tier of racers. so i went over and checked out his machine.

Old 06-29-2003, 01:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider

can't ride until the 2 or 3 to much to do to get all the machines ready.

Quick Reply: fired up the new 720.