CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

not as much talk about the nationals

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 07:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not as much talk about the nationals

Bigger you get that sucker fix, let me know, and we are going to meet up somewhere. Two meetings and we have yet to race.

Sorry you had problems, I felt bad for you.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Maybe I can plan a trip to LS, or we can all go to LA Dunes. I heard 14mins mention something about LA Dunes, that would be a long way for you and Speed Demon up there.

BTW, Speed Demon that Banshee is wicked fast!!!

Old 07-01-2003, 11:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah I want to know who the top five were. Anyone want to stick there heads out on this one? I guess I will go first. Four strokes only.

1) The Bom 760 on NOS
2) The Bom 830 on NOS
3) Dune Devil Stock bore and Stroke on NOS? Not real sure on the Motor mods.
4) Velocity (Tuned)
5) Craycraft 727 Not sure the drivers forum Name.

That should stir up the hornets nest. This is just my opinion. After watching the runs on video several times if Velocity would been running he would have edged the Craycraft.

Anyone else want to take a shot.

Old 07-01-2003, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

i think youi got the frist 3 right, but after that it would have been who had the best pass. i think the rest of the feild would be pretty close

the boms bikes to me(830vs.760) looked close and the 830 was making way to much power for the swingarm and wheelie bar combo. i seen the bike bounce off the ground a couple of times which would have slowed the bike down alot.

MRHP's bike was unloading the tires bad also, costing him alot of time.

just is just my 2 cents so don't hold me to any of this later on...LOL

Old 07-01-2003, 11:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah I thought that MR. Hp bikes were in the running. They were exciting to watch. Just thought they lacked the top end charge to run the others down. Thats not saying the Black bike with Alba stickers and the wheelie bar lacked the power. It was diffently in the top 6. The order is hard to guess at.

The Bom, maybe its just me. Which was the 830 and which was the 760? I heard that your 760 had the wheelie bar from some. Others say it was the 830 that had it.

Old 07-01-2003, 11:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider

There is no way velocity was in the 4th hole. He had one race against mr.meaner and won that one. He crashed out after that. Raptorrcr (730) came in second to the bom in one class and Crafty (686) came in second in another to the bom. Kbob770 and dollarbilz did well also.

The fastest bomb's in no particular order

the bom
dune devil
mr. horsepower
rooster

The fastest raptors

Raptorrcr
kb770
dollarbillz
crafty
raptar

I think the bom was a little selfish taking 5 throphies home. I hope the dot gave him a ticket for being over loaded on the way home.

All in all there were not many slow quads here. Many had a legetimate shot to win in the 300foot races[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2003, 11:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I am not trying to stir the pot. I have 45 minutes of race tape to watch. I have the notebook with the winners in it. I am lazy at this moment. If my memory is right (maybe) mr. meaner told me he was a stage 1 and dynoed 40Plus hp. His father had a raptor (very, very, sharp). Mr. meaner's DS was a looker too. The DS's in attendance were all first rate and dressed to kill. I have said it before DS riders seem to invest more money into there quads for show and GO.

Velocity will get a chance to strut his stuff later this year at DRW's. It is hard to come to a conclusion after 1 race. I know that lots of forum members wanted to line up and run against him and he was wanting to run also. It was not his day. I went to nebraska and my clutch went after 3 runs. lol Payback i guess. lol I heard he got banged up pretty good. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2003, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

The 760 had the long swing arm and the 830 had the wheelie bar on it. I just had it installed for the race 2 days earilyer. I had no time to tune it. I was tuning as I went. Dune Devil was the only close bike to me when II was on the NOS. The alky bikes I ran all on motor. I guess MrCrayCrafts son was the only Raptor on Alky to beat me on motor running gas ,no NOS.

I have felt bad about taking all the trophys in the classes. I came to race, and found out what I needed to know. Next year I will sit back and run only the top 2 classes with my big bikes. I sorry if I made anybody mad, But I though that what we all came there for.

J Ross

Old 07-02-2003, 12:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

There were alot of fast quads. I knew this would get someone going. Sorry about leaving kbob and dollarbillz off. The top three bikes were easy to choose. The next ten was a toss up. I didnt think before the event the races would be so close in the 300ft. runs. For that fact, nor in the 660ft. Way to many fast bikes to try and tell who the top 10 or 20 were.

Old 07-02-2003, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

Up until now, this subject was great. Everyone had a good time, and no one was bickering about who was faster.

Steve, why are you instegating this? 14 mins was the king at instigation, and he has let it slide for a while. It has been peaceful around here.........

Lets talk about HOT WOMEN...........Lets make love, not war........Women Good!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Just my two cents

DuneDevil

Old 07-02-2003, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

i don't think anyone got mad at you, just now you have a BIG TARGET on your back. everyone will be gunnin for you

it was nice meeting you and thanks for letting me use your tools.

alot of us are going to Little Sahara this weekend if yoiu and james are up for it try and make it out there.

Quick Reply: not as much talk about the nationals