CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

went to pick up the honda:(

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 10:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default went to pick up the honda:(

well went to pick up the honda and they couldn't get it to start. i was a little up set since they let it set for 5 days, and let it go to the last minute. now our trip is delayed. well now i know why i do most of my own work. i know if my framing business was like that i would be fired, service is very inportant, and they missed it this time. told me to just have the boy ride the blaster, he would have a fit. plus i was the one excited to see the kid run his new machine. the thing will hit about every third compression, i asked if they got it out 180 but oh no. well think about getting your own manual. i said they had it for 5 day that was 5 days with all the parts they have had the machine for three weeks.

Old 07-02-2003, 11:03 PM
Range Rover

brutal

Old 07-03-2003, 08:29 AM
Pro Rider

That deserves a swift kick to the jimmie...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2003, 09:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider

man that won't even come close i've got my wife on my a$$ because they just sat on it and she has days off from work and you probably get the picture. the part that matters is i've been talking to the boy about his quad and have him all amped up and to have to shut him down sucks. one of the honda guys said he had the problem also and it turned out to be the decompression pin on the cam, which makes a little sence, they swear everything is lined up and that they can't figure it out. i just can't sleep it is bugging me so much. thanks goodness for the forums i would be pacing all over the house other wise.

Old 07-03-2003, 10:33 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I asume this is the 400ex? Sounds like the guys lined up the timing marks before installing the timing chain tensioner. If the marks are lined up before installing the tensioner, when the tensioner is installed, this moves the timing off 1 tooth and the machine will not start. This happenned too me with my old 400ex. Good luck.

Old 07-03-2003, 10:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Call those Yahoo's up! They should be able too fix it in an hour.

Old 07-03-2003, 10:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider

thanks i've taken it in and now i'm mad at myself for not doing it myself. but i'm glad that these forums are here, i knew you guys would help with the problem.

Old 07-03-2003, 10:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

good luck man!

I hope everything works out. At the very least I would stand OVER the mechanic to make sure he is working on your quad,and not dilly dallying around. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

I am not the best ATV machanic,but I REFUSE to take my quad to a Dealer/mechanic. JUST FOR REASINS LIKE THIS!

hope you get you quad back SOON!

Bigger.

Old 07-03-2003, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

Well, I think most people know how I feel about service (those that know who I am anyways!). I know I am making daily calls into my new mechanic to get the DS ready for Dune Fest. The scary part for me is that I have Bryan flying in, plus taking one of the few vacation days I have left this year, and it all could be for naught!

Old 07-03-2003, 11:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider

that what sucks i'd rather have my quad down then my boys. but hey i feel better now i've got some ideas to go down there with i think the tensioner is probably the problem even the mechanic said it seemed like the timing was off. i think i'll be getting a honda manual. you know what is the funniest thing they say not to believe what you read on line, there is a reason for this, i think it is because it shows there short comings. i think they went at it with out the factory specs. well it will all work out just not like i had hoped.

Quick Reply: went to pick up the honda:(