CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New place to ride and live..

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 01:29 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New place to ride and live..

oregon isn't so bad just a little ruff on the tech field right now oh and maybe logging[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] but hey central oregon is good and people tell me southern oregon isn't so bad i think it is only bad in the 503 area code and eugene. but it does snow here but hey snow ski or snowmoblie then you can dune year round if no storms hit the coast, that leaves christmas valley which will work for a fix and is even really fun with a lot of friends.

Old 07-03-2003, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider

test

Old 07-03-2003, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider

Steer WAY CLEAR of SoCal. It really sucks, housing is expensive, property tax is high, state income tax is high, they just tripled vehicle registration fees, the state is over 40billion in debt (yes I did say BILLION) and all the legislature can think of to solve the deficit is to increase taxes, it never occured to them that maybe not all the entitlement programs are necessary. A couple of state legislators are actually suggesting that they implement county/city income taxes also. They just lowered the legal decible level down to 96db for motorcycles/atvs.

in short, be afraid, be very afraid!

Every state has it's problems, but give me a break.

St. George is a very nice community. It's primarily a retirement/college community so for the most part, it's pretty quiet there. It does get HOTTER THAN HELL in the summer but the winters are pretty mild.

I will be leaving the SoCal area within the next six months, 4 years there was all I could stand. I will be moving back to eastern washington. Thank god! Actually already bought a house, just can't leave till we get the family business sold.

The only good thing about SoCal is the weather. There is basicly two seasons, summer and a wet summer (dec-jan). But then again, I like to have all four seasons, so I have become pretty bored with the weather here.

-Tom

Old 07-03-2003, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

Hmm, Reno NV is getting big with IT and technology companies (i and an engineer too).
Its high desert though, cold winters and hot summers.

Northern CA is nice as far as temps. Rain from Nov-April. Warmer winters and hot summers but Tahoe is close for boarding or skiing
and the coast is close for surfing or fishing.

Lots of riding areas close by.

Technology companies are here in many forms.
Job market is tight right now.
To get the meaty jobs you have to be good and have the skills and certs or forget it.

You can still get entry level helpdesk and/or phone support jobs for around 35k to 45k but thats getting harder to live on.
The state is laying off many people this month.

Old 07-03-2003, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

MAN, it sound harsh out there!!!
I cant have the COLD winder and HOT summer. I need the MILD/WARM winter and warmer summers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2003, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

California is really starting to suck. I have live in northern california my whole life and love the area, but it seem like the state is going down the tubes. Me and the wife are talking about moving out of the state. Something I never thought I would do. I would not consider moving here unless you had a big chunk of money put aside or a nice job already lined up.

Old 07-03-2003, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

Aside from what people say about So. Cal the weather rocks and your close to Dumont and of course Glamis!
If your willing to pay the 'sunshine tax' then more here!

I could submit your resume to www.qualcomm.com if your interested.

Old 07-03-2003, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

mud make it large and have a winter home in arizona and a summer place near you'r home ( you will miss it after you'r gone) best of both[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2003, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

hands down, So. California is ideal. DSDuneCrazy is right about our problems. i live in the desert one hour away, much cheaper. if i were to move i would go to Az.

Old 07-03-2003, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

I'm in the computer field as well and have a look at the computer section in the Sunday paper, it's always about 2 pages long. Check the ArizonaRepublic. I think they have them online.

Phoenix is only 3 hours from Glamis

However, I would take Jeff's advice, summers suck unless you have a pool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It's 111 degrees here today. This time tommorow I'll be in the pool playing volleyball drinking Coronas.

Quick Reply: New place to ride and live..