CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS 720 300FT drag times

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 12:27 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS 720 300FT drag times

Hey dunedevil, How tall are the jr. dragster tires your running? Ive been looking for some 22 ' tall and all ive been able to find are the 19'.
Thanks

Old 07-23-2003, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

DuneDevil, The local track will let you run the 1/4 mile but i have not run it. One of the guys that runs with us had a 15/38 gear and was running the 1/8th mile but ran out of gear before the 1/4 mile mark and fanned on and off the throttle the remaining way of the 1/4 mile and still ran 94 miles an hour. I would say with the right gear it would reach over the 100 mph mark in the 1/4 mile. Slim

Old 07-23-2003, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

quadloco1,

The tires that I am running are 18.5 or 19. I am not sure as of right now. Wicked ATV sells American raceing tires and can get them in different sizes. I have seen a set of 22inch American's, but they were VERY wide, like 12" wide. The compound on these tires are SO SOFT that I would think you could cut them up and use them for sponge's to take a bath with. But the bike that had them on, needed them. Tripple H2 putting out over 150hp with just motor. (he has N2O, but has not used it YET) The tires are too much for MY DS!!! The tires were almost to much for his bike until we inflated them to over 10psi.

If you need the number to Wicked atv, they advertise in the back of some of the Magazines.

DuneDevil

Old 07-23-2003, 05:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Originally posted by: dsmike
a second is a second, but it has to be started by a computer to get correct times.

i don't know if i have raced it after the many rebuilds, i have raced his 760 on NOS which i'm sure is faster. so why race the 720 without the power adder?

i know i have competetion around here. i wish some of you west coast guys could come around more ofter so we can share secrects.
Lets keep this on a friendly level, DSmike, i assume you build your bikes to rev, if it is a 650 you probably deck it and bump compression waay up with stock piston "maybe", BIG cams and alky, maybe some premium valves and i assume lightening of internal parts and overide tranny, i dont really know though, how does your bikes torque on the steep hills?? im new to the flat drags so i will spend some of my time looking for the computor timers you are talking about.. then i will see the time difference, i found a great paved road.maybe i ran a decent time because i used only 1 gear for most of 300ft.... why race a 720 without power adder???? to be honest it doesnt matter what kind of fuel im running, as long as i can run the#s...we cannot reveal all our secrets now can we?, im sure your spiking your methonal also, with what? nobody knows..its ALL IN GOOD FUN i guess it comes down to who can get a high blend% dialed in for climate, i sure wish yall didnt live so far away it would be interesting to run all of our bikes, with stacys recent combo on this 720 he was impressed with it and so was I...there is a few things that he did different to this bike that ive noticed, i wouldnt under estimate his new combo he has keeped on the down low, hes a racer at heart he is sneaky with his mods and i can appreciate that, so lets not call mid 4s impossible for single cylinder ON PAVEMENT that is, i have not ran on dirt so i cannot claim anything, i still would like to run one of your bikes up a steep hill, i do have one DS that is built for torque and also revs, but probably doesnt rev anything like yours, ive heard great things about your mechanical abilities.... later.........Mario

Old 07-23-2003, 12:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider

well if we're all wanting to race i want to race bigger that guy just seems nice that way if i lose he want make me feel bad about it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] actually i was taking notes from sparks, i'm working on my 10 year old pilot. isn't it all fun though when people see the ds tearing it up and they want to say isn't that thing heavy? mine has got to be one of the tallest ones i have the springs pretty tight plus 23" tires and everyone asks about that like it is a problem but when it goes faster, jumps farther, wheelies better what is there to say. well once you guys figure out who is the fastest there is some machines out here to run against, they take the snowmoblies to the drag strip and they are kind of fast, my father inlaws average snowmoblie puts out 240 on turbo and weighs 440 so they get after it pretty well, keeps a guy humble.

Old 07-23-2003, 01:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

OooooooooH the battle of the 720's agianst the 650's!!!!!!

Annihilator vs. Dsmike

Sandman Vs. bigger

MajorEcho vs. Dunedevil

???????? Vs ??????????

???????? Vs. ?????????

Yep!! we all need to go spend a few days in VEGAS , and hit the strip(drag strip), then Re-gear, and hit the closest DUNES!!

Lets get it on!!!!!!!!!!! Yeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaw

Bigger.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2003, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

Hey I got a 650 and want a piece of this action

Old 07-23-2003, 01:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oh hell ya!!

KMDUNER Vs. The punisher[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

WHo else??

Vegas here we COME!!

BIgger.

Old 07-23-2003, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2003, 03:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

BIGGER, ya like how im luerring yall down here?, i like the line-up...I think punisher is getting rid of his 720 soon so you guys better hurry on down[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] i got a 35 shot of nos comming for my original ds, im going to have samcoe performance make it a 720 again so i can grenade it and im not paying a thing...ive been saving my money for a big night out on the town, b@@bs and b@@se, and g- string quality control[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: DS 720 300FT drag times