CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Get this B.S.!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Get this B.S.!!!

Well as you all know I am selling my quad. Well I thought I had it sold to a guy from Europe. Everything seemed very legitamate. Anyway he wanted to send me a Cashier's check for $16,600.00. He told me to keep the $8400.00 for my quad and sent the rest back to him via Money gram. Sounded fair enough. So I received a check from an associate of his, that is supposedley from the U.S. The package it came in was from Nigeria! This guy told me that his Chief accountant was in Africa and that I should wire the money to him and he would pay the shipper. Well I deposited the check of course to make sure it was good. It cleared my bank right away so the check turned out to be legitamate. Now get this, hethe check was from Toyota of Canada on a official Toyota check! So I was a little curious about this so I called Money gram to find out how to send the remainder of the money to his guy in Nigeria. The Money Gram people said, DON"T DO IT!!!!!! They told me there was some big Internet Scams going on down there and that I was probably wrapped up in one. They told me the story of how it works:

They find a person selling something on the internet and contact them offering there original asking price and sometimes a little more. Then they say that they have someone owing them money form somewhere and that the Cashier's check is going to be for more than the amount you are selling your vehicle for. Then they ask that you send back the difference to them Via Money Gram or Western Union. Well, a lady had her car up for sale for 10k and they sent her a check for 40k. They asked her to send the money to them VIA Money Gram and then a shipper would contact her about picking up her car for shipment. So She sent them the 30k and next thing she knows the bank calls her and say's you owe us 30k!!! She told them that, that was impossible the check had cleared the bank and it was good! They told her that it could take up to 60 days for that check to actually clear the original bank and then she came to find out that the people had put an immediate stop payment on that check the minute after they ran out of the Money Gram office in Nigeria!! So now this lady is screwed because she is responsible!!!

Well that tripped of the old alarm big time with me and I called my bank. My Bank is TOTALLY WORTHLESS!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Bank of America bar none is the worst bank in the world and the should be investigated!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] They wouldn't contact the originating bank for me to see if the funds were good or stolen! So I called the Originating bank and they said that I would have to get my bank to contact them for that information. Well after spending all day yesterday calling back and forth between banks and cleaning my teeth on my 9mm, I called Toyota of Canada today. They called me back a little while ago and told me that the check that was sent to me was a Fradulent check!!!! GO FIGURE!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] So, they said don't worry they will put a stop payment on the check and are investigating this icident IMMEDIATLEY! It turns out that somehow these guy's have either stolen or have found some way to counterfit these checks to look completley real! So I would have been able to keep my quad but eventually when Toyota wouyld have found that they were ripped off they would have Swipped 12k from me and I would be in the morque after chewing on the barrel of my 9mm.!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] So bottom line is, DO NOT SELL ANYTHING TO ANYONE OVER THE INTERNET!!!!!!! And especially if there are any foreign countries involved! Especially AFRICA AND NIGERIA!! So unless someone comes up with an offer for my quad it looks like I am going to keep it. Anyone have a place for me to crash out at Dune fest this Weekend?!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Take care and watch your Backs!!!

Old 07-29-2003, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Get this B.S.!!!

Now you guys now why I dont ship overseas. Sorry man, but I'm glad you still have your quad.

Old 07-29-2003, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Get this B.S.!!!

Wow, good thing you checked it all out. I would have thought it too be odd as well.

Good luck selling it.

Kenny

Old 07-29-2003, 07:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Get this B.S.!!!

Sounds like the scam on Ebay - They were selling it and were located in LA, California and that they were in Italy taking care of business. Yeah right.

Old 07-29-2003, 07:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default Get this B.S.!!!

Tony, terrible news, sorry to hear that but i hate to tell you this but I TOLD YOU TO BE CAREFULL with money orders, they tried to do that to me on my banshee from Indonesia, remember... your bike is telling you something, dont sell her!!!!!!!!!!!!! if it is too good to be true, it is...

Old 07-29-2003, 08:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Get this B.S.!!!

Well, if your selling it for $8400 and you get a check for 16k somthing is definatly wrong with the people sending you the money. Good catch Tony. Saved yourself a big headache.

Old 07-29-2003, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Get this B.S.!!!

Yah........here is a check for $16,600. Send me your quad and $8,200. You went for that???? LMFAO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

you deserve all the shiz we can give you on this one!!!! LOL
Well that tripped off the old alarm big time
BOY ARE YOU QUICK!!! LOL.

sory dude, I had to give you shiz!!!!

Old 07-29-2003, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Get this B.S.!!!

He would be good to drag [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Being a little slow LOL

Old 07-29-2003, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Get this B.S.!!!

So did my check clear!!!!!lol

so know your going to dunefest,i will be at pismo this weekend if your intrested,sorry to hear...

things happen for a reason..

Old 07-29-2003, 09:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default Get this B.S.!!!

all i know is the dude that would have got the bike would have received a great deal on top of it, i would be sick if i sold my ds for 8400 hundo after spending double that on just motor work. you should re-consider the sale, and the money you would waste if you sell it for that price...freshen up eveything even more, lighten it up a little, put tripple buffs all around, run the duall carbs39s with modded K&N set up, get your fuel dialed in and you may just be clownin everything, keep it or else...youll have nightmares

Quick Reply: Get this B.S.!!!