CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dune Fest - two thumbs down!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dune Fest - two thumbs down!

I was pretty bummed out about Dune Fest this year. Although the people we were with were good, I cant see it was worth the $85 to camp, $25 to get in, and no alcohol - even in the campgrounds. Most found a way to get thier alky in, but what is it the prohabition all over again? I could have had a much better weekend with more fun for a lot less money and hassle. Dune fest was two thumbs down this year for me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Oh ya, vendor row was crap too.

Old 08-03-2003, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

Man I am glad I didn't drive that far for that then![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Sorry to here it Marky.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] How were the races though? And how did Gary's quad's do and for that matter how is your's doing?

Old 08-03-2003, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

The only thing going on was races. It was hard to follow unless you knew someone in the event that explained the significance of the drags. The announcing sucked. I didn't enter because of the new piston; I wanted to break it in correctly. I am very happy with its performance. The increase in low end power really is unbelievable.

Sandman entered and got second place for his event. Gary and the TVI NOS bike didn't enter. I think they didn't get it working in time for one of the events. They did however did to pretty good in the relay. Again, I think it was pretty hard to follow. If you were a novice, walking up to the drags and watching was really all that it was .... watching the pretty bikes go fast. Me, I wanted to know what the events were, how they were classified and I wanted to know what was going on when I went up to the events. The lack of a PA system and an anouncer with some sort of a brain between thier ears would have been helpful. Again, if you had family or knew someone in the event, then it was fine because that was your source of info, but for the average camper - they had no clue.

Old 08-03-2003, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

By the way, the sand was by far the best sand I have ever taken my quad in. But, mother nature was responsible for that, not the Dune Fest Commission.

Old 08-03-2003, 08:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Man ironrod that sounds very un-organised!!! that sucks....$85 just to park in the sand, WWOOOOOWW..you would think with all that money they make that one of the rangers would be nice enough to let someone borrow the loud speaker?? maybe they were too busy chewing everyone out about the alcohol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 08-03-2003, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

Dune Fest 2003 Survival Gear

Old 08-04-2003, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

I don't get it.

Old 08-04-2003, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TyreSpinner
I don't get it.
he is saying that since there was no beer alowed just put it in a gas can and say it is gas

kc

Old 08-04-2003, 01:50 AM
Elite Pro Rider

not gas, that funny fuel the boys from texas run- (alcohol)

Old 08-04-2003, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider

I know what it was, i just didn't know how to spell alcohol

kc

Quick Reply: Dune Fest - two thumbs down!