CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

banshee or baja?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 02:24 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee or baja?

my brother has a piped, filtered, jetted banshee. I have a piped, jetted, filtered baja. I haven't had the chance to race me, but will probably have to do it soon. He claims he'll take me easily, from what i've read the baja should beat him. I weigh about 250lbs he's at 180lbs. He also is a more aggressive exp. rider. How hard would it be to beat him, by how bike lengths should i be able to beat him by, and racing uphill in the sand which bike should be faster. also a tips on improving my starts will help. I tend to try to keep the front end down, which i think slows me a bit. most likely we will be racing on pavement. and would it be better to start in 2nd? any advice will help.

Old 08-05-2003, 02:36 AM
Pro Rider
Default banshee or baja?

blastn, you should be able to take that banshee, but with the rider weight difference, i don't think you'll do it by much. start off in second, and on pavement you will definitely need to lean forward and hammer it

Old 08-05-2003, 09:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default banshee or baja?

you might want a 15 front sprocket for a little help.

Old 08-05-2003, 08:14 PM
Trailblazer
Default banshee or baja?

Better hope his banshee doesn't run like mine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] could get kinda ugly if it does lol, naw... most banshees will be a good race. they'll probably take you for the 100yards if they can hook up, but after that you'll probably be able to take them. Mine with a 12T front sprocket will still pull from a piped and jetted ds on the other end. a tm45 alky carb makes it a good race.

Old 08-05-2003, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default banshee or baja?

if he even half way knows how to tune and ride the shee ur gonna get ur *** handed to you

Old 08-06-2003, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider
Default banshee or baja?

Originally posted by: 02bansheeman
if he even half way knows how to tune and ride the shee ur gonna get ur *** handed to you
Well of course!!! Unless a stock banshee is half blown up or whatever it should just eat it alive right??? Typical banshee owner that doesn't give credit where it's due....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2003, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default banshee or baja?

02bansheeman, the question was whether the piped and jetted banshee will beat the piped and jetted ds. now all i have is a piped and jetted ds and i'm 240lbs and have never been beat by a piped banshee, you test and tune a jetted and piped banshee all you want but it still isn't going to beat someone on a ds that knows what they're doing

Old 08-06-2003, 01:54 AM
Trailblazer
Default banshee or baja?

that's a crock of ****... i've got a piped and jetted banshee that will eat a piped and jetted bomb all day long. Ask anyone that goes to the river. It runs more like a bomb on alky with stage 1. Too bad you don't live in texas, we'd show you the how sand tastes with a hint of 2-stroke lol if you could catch it before it hits the ground

Old 08-06-2003, 02:23 AM
Pro Rider
Default banshee or baja?

Well I guess this is my point..... I'm sure you would think a pw50 would have a chance against a DS too just because it's a yamaha....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2003, 04:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default banshee or baja?

kill3rbee, i've seen a few of your 19 posts, and it seems like you like hanging out in the bomb forum talkin trash. ask anyone that goes down to the river? i'll get right on that. anyone been down to the river to see this magical banshee??? i've seen enough of texas not to ever go there again, although the people are very friendly, just a little too humid for my tastes
the problem with banshees is they are never just piped and jetted. you guys just try to pass them off as only piped cuz that's the only thing you can physically see done to it. i have nothing against banshees, but they're a dime a dozen. i could throw a rock in any direction from my house and hit someone who owns a banshee. why not have a little originality. the time of the 2-stroke is over. they will be banned very soon (good riddance)

who runs a stage 1 bomb on alcohol, and what's so fast about that. there's plenty of people with stock carbs that can beat stage 1's

Quick Reply: banshee or baja?