CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New magazine article ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New magazine article ???

Bigdaddy... Don't let it get to you.

I've seen articles in the rags that show the engine specs, and they show the DS and Crappy have the same bore and stroke (they don't) with different cc's. I e-mailed the edditor and he said that they were the same bore and stroke but the Crappy was biger????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

One guy told me the head was bigger on the Crappy so I had more cc's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img].

I also saw in one that they said the DS was 460lb, 490lb and 500lb in the same article.

It's all in who pays the most for the ad.

Old 08-06-2003, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

I would agree that the DS is heavier, and not as nimble as others. That being said, I would think that flicking a quad around matters when you're in the middle of a double. I've rode my neighbors Honda 417ex. Nice little quad, and it doesn't take much strength to do anything on it, however the "flickability" borders on uncontrolled slides, or rearend washing. That could be because I'm a freak of nature, or it could be one of those things that people use as a scapegoat. Easy to flick around and makes you fast until you slide out and then it becomes an excuse. Another good friend of mine is a through and through Bashee freak, and it is the only thing he rides. He's piped, and intaked and rode my stage one for the first time last season. He was so impressed at Dumont. He couldn't believe how stable it felt carving through the side of Comp, and couldn't believe the power that it had. I beat him at Coral Pink, 8 out of 10 times. He had to ride PERFECT, to beat me. Perfect starts, perfect shifts etc. etc. When we put a 165lb guy on my bike against him on his Shee, it was truely amazing. My bike literally launched up and out of the sand. By mid hid he was 5 lengths ahead and stayed there.

I live in Henderson, NV just outside of Vegas, and do a lot of desert riding. I am fairly fast in the desert and very fast in washes. That seems to be where my bike is at home. It sails through the washy desert trails and just hammers though regular desert riding. The dune are awsome and just plain fun. My buddy said it the best, it's just plain stable. Those that like to wheelie all day, or jump 30, 40, 50 and even 60 feet. Have at it, it's not me. If you want to go on a great desert ride starting from my house and culminating on the colorado river (40.5 miles), come see me. You'll have a smile at the end of the 2 1/2 hours.

guess we'll just have to get used to uneducated non-appreciation.

See ya in the dunes!

Old 08-06-2003, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

Bombardier designed their machine to be large for a reason. And those of us fortunate enough to own one (or two...) appreciate it's size, quality, durability, speed, and comfort. I went through two Banshees before I got my Bomb. Now Banshees are fine quads, but they never attained the level of appreciation and satisfaction that I now derive from my DS. I love my big Baja, and I wouldn't trade it for any other machine. Long live the mighty DS![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2003, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

And those of us fortunate enough to own one (or two...)
or three or four or more...

Rob

Old 08-06-2003, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, we should start our own magazine... Woops, I probably shouldnt have said that here!

Old 08-06-2003, 09:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

hey, why dont we tell dirtwheels about the SUSPENSION like someone said,
i spent $1400 on works tripple rate shocks w/res and blew them out after 2 rides of heavy dune jumping!!!!!!! I had to go back to stock suspension and i realized it handled 100% BETTER...thats a fact

Old 08-06-2003, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

I thought it was fair...lol

the raptor is #1...

Old 08-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

I went back and looked at the article once more and wanted to know more about the evaluators. They were all editors of the magazines. While I don't think that editors are unfair, I do think it becomes less subjective and more directive.

This is actually what the "Pro Rider" managing editor said. He said "for the test conditions that we were in, the DS perfomed the best". IN the next paragraph, he said that his pick was the Rappy! The best is the Best. Pick one side of the fence man! Be a man and stand up for what you believe not what you are supposed to say!

Raptor 3, it is very nice to have you in the Bomb forums. You are always a gentleman and always have a sense of humor. I like Raptors, Shees and new Z's. I just don't agree with the tactics!

Have a great weekend gents.

Cheers

Old 08-07-2003, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

OK, I'm 5' 7" and only weigh 125 pounds, so I love my Raptor, but I do have to give the Bombardier guys credit because it is engineered better than the Raptor will ever be, and is also much easier to work on. The thing I really can't believe in that article is that the V-Force beat the DS! I mean come on....

Old 08-07-2003, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: WallStreet
OK, I'm 5' 7" and only weigh 125 pounds, so I love my Raptor, but I do have to give the Bombardier guys credit because it is engineered better than the Raptor will ever be, and is also much easier to work on. The thing I really can't believe in that article is that the V-Force beat the DS! I mean come on....
Holy Bajeezum 125 pounds?!?! Damn you must be FAST on top of that Nitrous [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: New magazine article ???