CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Anybody ride the "Little O" trail in Michigan?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 08:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody ride the "Little O" trail in Michigan?

Its only 40 miles from Silver Lake Dunes, planning on hitting it next month, 41 mile loop for non-streetlegal ORV's.
Anybody been on it? How is it, what kind of trail is it, what kind of terrain, how open or tight?
I'd imagine its sandy floor, is it all wooded, what kind of trees, etc.....?

Old 08-08-2003, 11:27 PM
Range Rover

well chris, i emailed the president of the CCC, after i hear back from him i may be able to shed some light on that trail, we'll just have to wait and see,

but i do know that we drive right by one of the parking areas to the trail on our way to Silver Lake, (i believe its just off of M20,) i would be more then willing to meet there really early and hit the dunes later, but i doubt the rest of the crew would be up for a double dose, what were you planning?

later
kevin

Old 08-09-2003, 01:23 PM
Trailblazer

hey chris, here is an email address for mike kane, he was hemi on the extreme garage forum. he rode some of the trails up there. he realy like them

Old 08-09-2003, 01:25 PM
Trailblazer

SORRY, I FORGOT TO PUT THE ADDRESS!!!

mkane@rwmercer.com

Old 08-12-2003, 04:47 PM
Range Rover

here is what i received from the CCC:

Kevin: Maps of the Little "O" Trail are available from the USFS Forest Service office in Baldwin (231-745-4631). Trail heads are located on 32nd streer just west of M-37 about 2 miles north of baldwin and on the east side M-37 about 9 miles north of Baldwin.

The trail is a 50" wide single track with a bit of 2 track on the sw corner, some 30 plus miles in length, and requires an ORV sticker only to ride. It is connected to the Big "O" (big o requires street licensing) and also is connect to the Little Manistee and Lincoln Hills Trails (ORV sticker only)

there you go, the little manistee trailhead is what we pass,

kevin

Old 08-17-2003, 09:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

sorry, I almost forgot about this post!

I have a map of the trail, its actually 41 miles long. I was wondering if it was all sandy floor, and what kinda hills. I think it'll be worth a ride. I'll mail that dude DSBomb, thanks.

I'm thinking hit the dunes all day tuesday the 16th, camp that night at Jellystone, go over to the Little O wednesday morning and ride the whole loop, prolly just half a day, then come back tot camp for lunch and go back out on the dunes, camp again that night, play thursday by ear, prolly ride half of it.

Whatchya'll think?

Old 08-17-2003, 09:19 PM
Range Rover

doesnt matter to me, i'll just have to swap out tires, cause its not that sandy,

Later
Kevin

Old 08-18-2003, 09:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

yeah we'll be briging our radials!

Old 08-18-2003, 08:52 PM
Trailblazer

hey chris, is that the plan for the trip, some of our guys need to plan offtime at work

Old 08-18-2003, 09:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I know that me and few other guys here on my end are planning to be up at the dunes around 10:00am tuesday the 16th, and aren't coming back until thursday afternoon the 18th. we'll definitely ride the dunes all day tues, and if everybody wants to go to the Little O trail for like half of Wednesday then we will, but its not a must. I think some will go, some won't, but those that do won't break camp - we'll still be camping at Jellystone that night too, and ride the dunes the second half of wednesday, if we even go to that trail.
I guess the plans are kinda being played by ear for wednesday, but for sure we'll be up there those 3 days!
Will that work for you guys James? Is Lena coming too, and DCryder? I'm curious if this motor work he's been talking up will be done!
You know everybody below.

here's what'll be there:
BigWaynester - DS760 (holy crap, look out, been there, done that, got the tee shirt!)
Me - DS650
Scott - 400 Trinity Banshee (holy crap, him and Wayne in a league of their own!)
Irv - ESR 310R
Randy - 416EX
Ernie - Raptor 660
Jon - 250EX
Kevin - Raptor 660
Bill - 400EX
James - DS650
DCryder - DS650 ????
Lena - DS650 ????

Who else?

Quick Reply: Anybody ride the "Little O" trail in Michigan?