CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Traxtor XT Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2000, 01:30 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey mine is awesome, but has anyone had problems in low range? Mine is like being stuck in between gears in that range, it kicks out after it clunks a bit, the wheeel slow down and a grind noise begins and kicks back in with a clunk, in any gear in low range. I guess all XT's have different gear ratios' then the normal, has anyone read the artical in ATV MAGAZINE. In the same mag the normal traxtor beats all 500 bikes. I ran mine with my hondas' 28 vamps and was the bike an instant hit in the mud, no bogging. My honda has a High Lifter power kit and big bore kit and still boggs. Did anyone get a detachable window with their bike, the artical says it somes with that? The bomb is a good nickname for these power houses.

Old 05-26-2000, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

The XT and the Traxter are Identical except for the bolt on options.

I also have had a little problem with the low range if Im not careful putting it into LOW, Am told its a linkage adjustment.

The only other problem has been with the Foot brake light/starter safety switch not working, it has been replaced and now perfect.

Am sure you will enjoy the XT, I am wanting the handle bar protector option, that looks like a gggreat idea.

Old 05-26-2000, 08:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a very similiar problem with my XT kicking out of low range. I have had the bike for a month now and have put 80 miles or so on it. It just doesn't like to stay in low. I called the dealership where I bought it and they say that Bombardier will likely have them remove the transmission and replace it with a new one as Bombardier doesn't like the dealers to get too in depth with the repairs yet. I wonder how one of these Bombs would go with a set of real hard-core 27 or 28" mud tires?

Old 05-27-2000, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry Pusher but you are wrong. Here is a sentence from the ATV Magazine test of The XT.

"Gale told us that the XT's drive Ratios had to be altreed to compersate for the quad's overall weight (785 pounds), and the addition of new wheels and tires."

Old 05-28-2000, 02:40 PM
Trailblazer

Hey read my store in the tread "traxtor problems" I put on 28 vamps this weekend and had plenty of power to turn them and I had two passenger also.

Old 05-29-2000, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

Boner,
Thanks for info/update.

Old 05-30-2000, 09:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think I just fixed my bomb's problems in low range. It had been "kicking out" of Low since it was new and I got fed up with it. I got to looking around and what I noticed was that the soft rubber "boot" that fits around the transmission selector was keeping pressure on the shifting lever when it was in low range. I took the damn thing off and also trimmed a little of the hard plastic underneath where it was. Now it seems to shift easier through all the gears and I have had no more issues with the beast slipping out of low. Let me know what you think.

As a result of my new trust of low range I had opportunity to put it through it's paces in the mud a little more ENTHUSIASTICALLY. It really hasn't ceased to impress me each time I take it out. Had to use the winch for the first time tonight, seemed to work better than my last two Warn 2000's. Faster and more power. Maybe just my imagination.