CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Yuasa Battery

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 12:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yuasa Battery

Well, You guys probably aint gonna believe me, but now I have the THIRD Yuasa battery in my bike. I get one from the dealer under warranty, then if you dont ride the thing everyday, the battery goes dead. All the specs on the charging system are right on the money when its running, and there is no draw on it when its not running. So......being the genius that I am, I disconnect the battery and leave it overnight. Next day.....or a few days later, NOTHING !!!!!!! Starter just makes the little clicking noise. Jump it with the battery charger and it fires right up. Now, the question is, does ANYBODY make a better battery (like maybe optima) or another company ? We drag race our car all summer, and there are about 10 different companies that make performance batteries for cars. What about the wheelers ? Yuasa cant be the only one out there. I'm tired of this and really thinking about selling the bike. Any ideas ? Thanks for letting me vent.

Old 08-12-2003, 12:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Yuasa Battery

is the battery drying out? i know you're only suppossed to fill it one time, but...

you could take the battery to an auto shop and have them test on their tester to see if it charges properly and holds charge under load.

i have the same battery and it works fine. charging system of the DS never gets the battery to 100% though, probably 75%.

http://www.yuasabatteries.com/faqs.asp it does say here the battery loses charge daily!?!

maybe this battery is not the best?

my DS sits a lot so I always charge the night before I ride.

Old 08-12-2003, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Yuasa Battery

Than don't make sense[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]. I have a 2000 DS I got new and I'm still on the original battery. I probably just jinxed myself but the battery in my VT1100 Shadow is 4 years old too.

I've never put a charger on either battery and they both start up fine.

I've seen an article that said there was another brand that will fit the DS, If I can find it I'll post it.

Old 08-12-2003, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default Yuasa Battery

Good, I'm not the only one. I am on 3 or 4. I lost count. They all get dead cells. Zero juice. DEAD!

Old 08-12-2003, 06:47 PM
Trailblazer
Default Yuasa Battery

I believe you Tinman!Got the same problem here!Thought I was the only one.On my second battery and it's no different then the first , charging system checked out fine even tried disconnecting battery like you and still had to charge it up when it sat for a week or so!

Old 08-12-2003, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default Yuasa Battery

Same here...Have you found a solution?

Old 08-12-2003, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default Yuasa Battery

Yuasa batteries have a year manuf warranty...get it replaced

make sure there is no draw on the battery(key on)
and a battery tender will completely eliminate the problem

Trending Topics

Old 08-13-2003, 12:29 AM
Trailblazer
Default Yuasa Battery

Good, I'm glad I'm not the only one in the " Dead battery club ". I had the local Bomb dealer check everything out (charging), and then I checked it myself. Then I got frustrated and disconnected the fu*%ing thing (after riding all day so it would charge) and lo and behold.......you guessed it, DEAD. Your right, it still is under warranty. But I should'nt have to deal with this crap. I own a '00 Honda Rancher, and used to own a '02 400 ex........neither ever had a battery problem. I like my Baja, but its kinda embarasing paying that much for a bike and having to have made a small set of jumper cables that I carry around in the little pouch on the handlebar padding, then asking some dude who you just smoked in a race to give you a jump after you take a long break !!!!! Maybe I'll just bungee a large car battery behind me on the seat. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2003, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default Yuasa Battery

I find it hard to believe that its the 3rd battey especially after the 3rd one. I have left my key on more times then I will admit, and have recharged my battey with no problems evey time. Come to think of it, the Yausa battery in my Jet Ski is going on five years old and it works fine.

Old 08-13-2003, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default Yuasa Battery

Mine just died last weekend - misery loves company!

Quick Reply: Yuasa Battery