CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

MBRP? final verdict?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MBRP? final verdict?

Ok,
I posted a quality question on here and MBRP said there were no quality issues? Can someone please fill me in on the why no one seems to like them? They look sweet, but I am fearing to buy one.. GOD, I hate pipes!!! I want a new full system but cant decide!!!

Old 08-13-2003, 06:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

what's the guts made of? I've heard two things - 1) no packing, all baffles. 2)lifetime packing made of supertech material that never wears out.
My opinions on both the above is very low. There's no high flow to have from baffles, and there's no such thing as "lifetime" packing! Where would the soot go? In the packing that's where. Therefore you gotta change it, if it even has it, I just don't know.
Hopefully owners will hsed light.

Old 08-13-2003, 06:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Im not going to touch that one.But i will tell you my cheapst pipe is my favorite. I love my alba pipe Rigth now i have two graydons and one alba. And the alba is so cheap for a complete system and is so close to the graydons [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And they incorporate the the megaphone design that the ron woods dose i have both end caps and when im racing i use the racing end. And when i want to sneak up on someone i just throw on my disc.Whamo!!!! They never hear me coming(that is exzagerated a little) well good luck !!

Old 08-13-2003, 06:48 PM
Trailblazer

I have a MBRP slip on and love it. From the looks of it I would say it is packed with some sort of material. My buddy and I both purchased 03 Baja's, I got the MBRP slipon and he got the Big Gun. Both quads are jetted the same, K&N's, gearing, and mine with the MBRP will pull him on the hole shot EVERY time. When we hit 3rd we stay even all the way to the end but I ALWAYS pull him by 1 to 1 1/2 lengths in the hole shot and end the race by the same distance. Also, we both have had the slip-ons for maybe 6-7 months and his has started to rust on the edges, change colors to a dull dirty look. Mine looks just like the day I installed it, it sounds a little better and is quieter also. Both installed in about 10 mins.

Old 08-13-2003, 06:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The guys that are selling them are DRAG racers!! the MBRP pipe perfomes well, but it is not a DRAG pipe!! you simply cannot have QUIET & drag in the same sentence. If you want a great looking pipe that is great for the trails, and all around riding, its a good chioce. Thier are pipes out thier that "out perform" the MBRP, but they will be LOUD. I dont think thier is a pipe out thier right know that can out-perform the MBRP pipe and still be as quiet.

Bigger.

Old 08-13-2003, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

Someone needs to develop a good dual exhaust - twice the flow with half the noise. Hmmmmm ..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2003, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

The MBRP has killer bottom end and NO top end!!!!!!

I think Blueleader was trying to drill his out a little for more top end.

Trending Topics

Old 08-13-2003, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

Hmmm...let's see...the MBRP slip-on offers excellent fit & finish, great low end (which is ALL a DS needs - c'mon, it's already got GREAT top end), it's maintenance-free, it's quiet, it's reasonably priced, and to top it all off, the company provides excellent customer service...yeah, that's a tough call alright![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2003, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KMDuner
The MBRP has killer bottom end and NO top end!!!!!!

I think Blueleader was trying to drill his out a little for more top end.

I hear ya!! For the people that don't know this is who I got the pipe from...... I also thought about drilling
it out but I decided to go White bros e-series....... Just waiting for it now..

Old 08-14-2003, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

yah, I put one on my Raptor and loved the sound and low/mid and even top end power. I then used a huge drill to expand the diffuser disc hole for more top end. worked great.

the packing material is a maintanence free, course stainless steel mesh/wool.

I now have a Graydon because GRAYDON PROLINE is very very good to me. Thanks Darrel and Steve!

And like AZsand said..."it works great!!!!!"

Quick Reply: MBRP? final verdict?