CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

wat would you get?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wat would you get?

well during the blackout here last nite i got thinkin,for the price of tracks for the back of my ds which would look amazing and be incredibly unique, or save up the extra like 800-1000 for 720 kit

Old 08-16-2003, 02:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider

how much are the tracks?

Old 08-16-2003, 02:37 AM
Pro Rider

good luck on only paying that much for the 720 kit

Old 08-16-2003, 02:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider

hey bigslim i thought you would have been out with sand babe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2003, 02:49 AM
Pro Rider

Who's sand babe? you got a girl friend??

kc

Old 08-16-2003, 02:54 AM
Pro Rider

sandman, cheack your PM's from a couple of days uh'go!!

kc

Old 08-16-2003, 03:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

whatever you do , watchout for samcoe performance as of now...you can buy the kit, but talk to the punisher, he has built the fastest one for me for real cheap..

Old 08-16-2003, 03:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

TVI also has a 720 kit, dunno what it costs. The problem as I see it with these 720 etc. kits is that (in my opinion) the guys who own them have spent waaaaaaaay too much time fixing them as opposed to riding them. Sure it's a nice idea to have more power, but (for me anyhow) I don't want more power if it is at the expense of reliability or the ability to ride my DS650 whenever I want to. I really don't know of ANYONE who has kept their DS basically stock, done all the maintenance and had any big or expensive problems with their DS.

I think if you're going to do a kit, be sure it is done perfectly and that the kit has a proven track record. If Annihilator's 720 is still running good in a couple of months that would bode well for the kit. (Especially with how he seems to ride - I don't even know him but judging by his posts he rides pretty darn hard!)

Old 08-16-2003, 04:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

YEH, i guess i do put them to the test..LOL..I do have a good running 720 but it was built by [samcoeds out of Oklahoma] it has held up so far for the last few months, and i did miss a gear at pismo and revved i think past 11,000 but she did not blow-up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] i was surprised...its all about the new copper o-ring and aluminum head gasket and properly installed SLEEVE...Stacy says my ds revs 12,500 and if it does i have hit it, just a little blow by but im hopeing that will clear up when back on gas.

I do agree with Blackhawk, TVI 720 kit has seemed to be the best running from what i have gathered..

Old 08-16-2003, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: lilnotts
well during the blackout here last nite i got thinkin,for the price of tracks for the back of my ds which would look amazing and be incredibly unique, or save up the extra like 800-1000 for 720 kit
I know how you feel. I had the same problem. I couldn't decide whether to buy a jet boat or a canoe with a flame job and crome trim. I decided on the jet boat because I figured people would see me in the canoe that looked like it was on fire but yet its in the middle of the lake and the "captain" wasn't panicing and say to themselves "well isn"t that unique" OR they would merly hear some ungodly loud roar blow by them and see a huge rooster tail . This would confuse them cause I went by so fast that they didn't even see me. SO that really makes them wonder What was that roar and .......no rooster! Which, in all, becomes a unique situation within itself.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Welcome to my world..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I'm going back to bed now.