CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Sand Mountain - BLM Route Closure Plan

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sand Mountain - BLM Route Closure Plan

I apologize if I offended any enviromentalist's. If I did please let me make it up to you, meet me in Glamis at "The Wall". I will bring the beer and the shovel.

Old 08-22-2003, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

The enviromentalists don't sit back and weigh the consequences of what will happen to society as a whole, when they proceed with there plans to close everything. They just encourage off roaders to find other places to satisfy their off road adventures. Which means that prople will just start taking matters into their own hands. Gorpers, do not see the benefits of the Off-Road vehicle industry!! What benefits do you ask? The biggest benefit of the off-road industry are the creation of JOBS and the MONETARY aspects created by those jobs and also the areas that we gather in for our off-roading adventures. If the Enviromentalists had there way for one week and could shut down every State and Public Rec area for that one week, let's see how people would feel about them and let's see how they would feel. I am not sure how much money the off-road industry per year makes, but between jobs and business owners I am sure it is in the Billions!!

Theoretically, let's say we shut down all the off-road vehicle manufacturing facilities around the world. How many jobs do you think would be lost? How much tax income for states and countries do you think would be lost? Think of all the RV dealers that would suffer, the Tire manufacturers, gas stations, aftermarket accesories businesses, grocery stores, hotel chains, State Parks, and about a million other things I could mention!! If Yellowstone National Park finally gets shut down for winter snowmobile use the Surronding businesses will be forced to shut down and the Park will loose 1/2 of there total income! That Park generates as much Revenue during the Winter as it does the Summer, but do you think anyone notices this Conundrum?! NO! And the Tree hugger's will also feel the grip around there necks when they wonder why there TAXES are being raised Exponentially!!!! Oh Gee, I wonder Why!? Because no thanks to your personal selfishness you have cost 10's of Thousands of people there Lively hood!! That's why you FUC#$ing Morons!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] That really seems to be the big problem in this world, nobody looks at the big picture!!! These machines that we use were created for a reason, not because one day a guy said, Man I would like to build something were I can ride around in the desert on and have a ton of fun. He is building that machine because he wants to make MONEY! and of course have fun doing it!!! But in the process he has started a chain of events that will forever effect the world economy forever.

Wake up and smell the Coffee world! We are dependant on the Off-Road industry!!! It is here to stay whether you like it or not!!!! With out it you will live in Misery in one form or another! And that is considering if you survive it's demise at all. Sorry for the ranting but I had to state the Obvious. Thanks.

Old 08-22-2003, 02:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ThePunisher
The trails are kind of fun to ride but at least they didn't close the major section of the Dunes. Comp hill and Gravity bowl are the best places there anyway.
They will take the easy places now.....and will find a stupid reason too shut the larger places down later. It's gonna happen....because the tree huggers get together and work hard at shutting down OHV riding areas. We need too be like the NRA....don't give and inch for any reason.

Old 08-22-2003, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

Our pressure worked!

Just got off the phone with Senator Ensign's office AND then John Singlaub
(BLM Carson City Field Office Mgr).

BLM has decided to hold off on trail signing and focus on education for
Labor Day Weekend! I will be receiving a more official statement from John
Signlaub soon. They have agreed to slow down and spend more time soliticing
comments from users about trails and revisit trail designations with our
assistance on the ground.

They will be handing out a proposed trail map on Labor Day Weekend which
will probably look similar to the map I put together, but the purpose of the
map is to educate & solicit comments.

They did mention that the Center for Biological Diversity is already working on their petition to list the Sand Mountain Blue Butterfly as endangered....

More soon,

Jon

Old 08-22-2003, 03:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Congratulations! Good Job Jon!

Old 08-22-2003, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

Good work. But dont back off the pressure b/c this kind of stuff is going on all over the country right now.
Thanks to people like you, the tide CAN turn in our favor. I just wish there were more atv activists across the nation on our behalf that fight for ATVers like you did! I am in louisiana and you may think 'hey, why do you even care?' But i do care what happens there b/c if the wrong people get there way over there, it creates precents all across the country and effects us all. We just need more rulings in our favor so that these people back off. WE need to be A FORCE to be reckoned with. We also need manufacturer support (perhaps in the legal arena). With their support, we can lobby and be fairly represented (just like the environmentalists do) and protect our rights, keep our riding areas open.

Also, if the manufacturers are behind our efforts, it creates their own food supply, if you will:
Because if they support us in having places to ride > we buy new/more bikes > they make money > they have more resources to help us > then we have even more places to ride > we buy more bikes > they make more money and help the economy. They could also buy some of these places, perhaps, and open their own parks, or sponser park owners with maybe getting a % of the proceeds. This would help out local economies everywhere. Because once a park is established in an area, lodging follows, gas stations, resturants, stores, etc....

Old 08-22-2003, 11:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Great job jon i don't care what jeffs say's about you your tops in my book J/k and thanks to all of you who took the time too write!!!