CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Front Sand Tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 11:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Sand Tires

well i'll give you a answer against the norm, i would get the fronts so i could enjoy the trips to the sand to the full extent. that way you won't be wondering what you missed out on. like they said i would try and find a used set, i hate to say i just sold a set of front mohawks to bigslim. we really like them and wouldn't want to ride with out at this point.

Old 08-19-2003, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Sand Tires

I love my Mohawks. The smooth buffs are great if you plan on doing a lot of dragging, but for more control, I like the Mohawks.

Old 08-19-2003, 11:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Front Sand Tires

hey ironrod i like the mohawks too but since i went to the baldy type i've grown to like them for where we ride, plus they come in the sizes to keep the front tire bigger than the rear, plus for some of those trails we ride i'm finding the less grab to work better for me. hey was that somone i knows yellow honda for sale? hey any word from ltl exhaust, sure liked the noise level of those pipes, wouldn't that really get the banshees they wouldn't even hear us beating them. hey a bunch of us are starting to plan a trip to honeyman for oct. nothing like riding out to comp from camp[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2003, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Sand Tires

So if I understand you guys right dirt tires don't provide the control and don't float as well. I do think now that it is worth it to buy a set before I go because they should last me a long time. Now, is it worth buying a high dollar set or get some cheap ones? Also, is there as much difference in front tires as there is in rear tires? Thanks for all the replies guys. I am really looking forward to going to the dunes and may even make a trip to sandfest at Little Sahara, OK and go again with the rest of my group in October[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

BajaIowa

Old 08-19-2003, 11:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Front Sand Tires

i think you can get the cheaper ones and be fine seems a lot of guys run the gbc with no complains.

Old 08-20-2003, 04:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default Front Sand Tires

On one I have shark fins on the front with skat-trak haulers on back and the other Geckos on back and stock on front. The difference is unbelivable.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] no really it is OH MAN! anyway the sand tires gave alot more control and I could turn on a dime and give ya back a nickle;[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] kind of gives them the train track effect. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
When ya going to Ok? A bunch of us are going this weekend. I've never been there but they say its a blast. "Sooner" think its the bomb.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2003, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default Front Sand Tires

I am maybe going to OK for sandfest in Sept. and for sure the second or third weekend in Oct. I am going with my neighbor, he owns an atv shop, and probably with the biggest dealer in the state. They usuallly go when my neighbor goes and it is amazing to see these guys run when its their boss who has to foot the bill[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Old 08-20-2003, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Sand Tires

The first week of Oct .4-5 at Genoa Ne they are having the Jamboree. For the summer Jamboree there was around 1200 Quads. 1200 acres of real fine white sand. It takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes from Lincoln Ne..

Old 08-20-2003, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Sand Tires

we drive down to little sahara 2 times a year, once you'r there you wished you spent all you could on the best tires front and back!!! i went with the 23" magnum haulers and love the bite, but if you like to slide more look at a (front) tire with a rib down the center for better grib for side hill'n. we tend to go straight up the dunes and jump more than side hill sliding. the pro shop at the park carries alot of tires in stock if you change you'r mind once you'r there.

Old 08-20-2003, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Sand Tires

hey marrtoo what this about sand in ne? there are dunes in nebraska? fill me in.

Quick Reply: Front Sand Tires