CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

BacK from DS Days Early!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BacK from DS Days Early!

DS Days 2003

Old 09-01-2003, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

I want to say “THANKS!” to everyone that was in attendance. Every one of you had a hand in helping make my trip to Sand Mountain thoroughly enjoyable. Although I was unable to bring my own DS this weekend I was not without a ride…unbelievable! A special thanks goes out to Trisha (KMDuners wife) for sending her DS up with AZSAND and hubby exclusively for me to ride.

To the new people I met—Sandman430 and family, Jetsnow and father, Duneme, Gary (TVI) and friends…you guys and gals are all precedence setters and I’m glad to have made some new friends.

It was really good to see all the familiar faces: Punisher, Annihilater (and Margaret), Jeffinrivercity, AZSAND, KMDuner. Nothing compares to hanging with you guys. All of you are extremely generous with your creature comforts, quads, food and beverages, smiles, handshakes, tools, parts, etc. No body there was unwilling to lend a hand to help his/her fellow enthusiast.

To those of you that should have been there…

Sand Mountain, NV although one of the smallest of places to ride offers a great variety of riding. It’s not just one big razorback. It is family friendly with lots of little dunes and trails. FOSM (Friends of Sand Mountain) works very hard to keep this place clean, safe, and open and the events that went on this weekend were a really cool and reiterated how great this sport is. There was a huge auction this weekend and also lots of freebies for those that helped with the cleanup. I personally entered the silent auction and walked away with a great selection of Motion Pro tools. I also bought 10 raffle tickets (at a buck each!) and walked away with a brand new red and black O’Neal 544 helmet! I know that the area that our group camped in was spotless. Everyone there seemed to be really conscious of keeping the trash to a minimum. Congrats to Alex (Sandman’s son) on his winning tickets that earned him a helmet and offroad lights! I’ve never seen so many items donated for the purpose of enjoyment! There were many, many smiles this weekend.

I really didn’t keep up with who was winning what race this weekend as they were all for the most part friendly. Everyone in our group was riding exceptionally fast quads and I believe that I can comfortably say that for the most part “we” owned the hill. It was great fun being there and again I’ll never be the same after experiencing so much generosity!

Last I want to offer my prayers and condolences to you Tony and your folks…

Jim

Old 09-01-2003, 06:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Jiminok....thanks again for the electrical skills you and Jeff helped me through, it was great hanging out and getting faded[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-01-2003, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

Looks like you guys had a BLAST!!!Wish i could of made it but i think i am a little ways away...i will check into coming next year..im not fast or anything but i would just come to have fun...it will be the first time for me to run the hill if i come..at little sahara there isnt really any hills to run up just flat drags [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]..but i just love dune riding!!me and quadman650 really amazed ppl at rattlesnake round-up showing how a ds will jump higher than an R [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]..haha...when will someone update ds650 page w/pics?hey Annihilator...could you send me a pic of yours now since you got my old plastic on it?ds650_racer@hotmail.com...if you dont mind..

Old 09-01-2003, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

1904.6 miles..lol n/m about nxt year coming..29 hours and 18 mins..

Old 09-01-2003, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

I'm way to tired to write, We had a great time and it was great meeting everyone. I'll write more later.

Old 09-01-2003, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

Well the 3rd annual DS days was great. All the new people i met were great just like everybody else i have met off the forum. We had alot of fast bikes there this year, alot more than previous years. I think the 4th annual DS days will be even better. We had around 20 DS's total i think but never got a picture of them together. All the fast DS's made me look slow [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] . Guess i will just have to add some more go fast goodies. It was great to meet sandman and his family, kmduner, annihilator, Gary(TVI) and his groups, and jiminok and the others i had already met. Hope to see you all again next year. I was thinking next year we could plan a group BBQ friday or saturday night and sit around now that we didnt do that but would still be fun. Sean

Old 09-01-2003, 08:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider

don't let sean fool you he found a stage three and pounded that guy so bad. the guy was rather upset with his quad i heard he went home hope it works out for him. anyways that smile on your face after the race was hard to hide. hey thanks again for the use of the power, guess honda can win the baja 1000 but there generator can make it thru ds's days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] think the plug just went bad. keep us posted on the 4th trip we'll come down for that weekend.

Old 09-01-2003, 11:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Well thanks everyone for the great times and the memories it was a great weekend [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Heres a quick run down of my weekend !!

I raced
I raced
I raced
I drank
I drank
I drank
I napped
I raced
I raced
I raced
I met great people
I drank
I met great people
I drank great tequilia with jeff
I passed out
I woke
I showered
I raced
I raced
I raced
I met more great people
I raced those great people
I drank with those great people

well i think your getting the picture of how good of a weekend it was you should have been there!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-01-2003, 11:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider

you left out that your bikes were drinking with you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: BacK from DS Days Early!