CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

BacK from DS Days Early!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BacK from DS Days Early!

Well I just got Back from DS Days. I had to pull out yesterday due to some bad news in the family. But it was becoming very interesting. I will let everyone tell you how they faired themselves. But I can tell you one thing, JeffInRIverCity is the MAN!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] He clowned almost everything there that I could watch before I left. But Let me tell you right now Bombardier was Definatley KING OF THE HILL!!!!! This weekend![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I just want tho throw out some big thanks to everyone there for there help and sympathy, especially Jeff, Mario and Jim. It makes me proud to call these guy's friends. Jeff helped me out by letting me use his tools and his trailer to take off my head that I bent a valve in a race against someone? No thanks to a lousy Web Cams Valve spring going bad and letting my valve drop far enough to snap and bend my intake valve.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Thank goodness that it didn't cause to much damage! Just a new valve spring,valveguide and valve and it should e as good as new.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Thanks again to everyone for there help and support I really appreciate it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2003, 03:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about your bad news, it always happens at the worst times.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I can't beleive your just going to leave everybody hanging like that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Who's beaten up on who?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2003, 03:34 PM
Range Rover

roughly, about how many DS's where there???

Who drove the farthest to get there???

Old 08-31-2003, 04:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

I was there with PUNISHER, hes right, Jeffinrivercity DROPPED THE HAMMER ON EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING!!!!!
HE even beat a 900cc street bike motor in a banshee frame with his nos830monster...I was in amazement and almost fell off of my DS as a witness to this clowning...

Raptor2001Raptor did some things to his 727 and came out trading wins with the fastest of the sparks boys, and really giving them a hard time on the hill. very, very, fast raptor..i think Sparks were a bit humbled up by 2001raptor and azsand..
AZsand came out saturday morn. with his 760 and it was running good, he ran most away from the hill, his bike also was trading wins with the fastest out there [that I saw], sparks and raptor2001 were going to have to worry about azsand later that day..
Sandman430 has a very fast TVI 720 and was pulling me by a few feet at the very top of the hill, my bike only runs strong when it wants to. sandman430 is a great guy and his wife is real cool to and runs the hill as much as we all do..very nice people and very impressive. he was right about his tvi720, its fast.glad to see your bike running so good again Bill.

Punishers 720 was running really strong until he broke a valve spring..
Unfortunately we had to leave early due to emergency with Punishers family..
when we left Jeffinrivercity was just layin in the weeds waiting to mopp eveything up on the hill...and i think TVI had something up their sleeve also, but i dont think they wanted to line up with Jeff..they had a few knarly DSs floating around..
kmduner also has a fast stage 3 it ran very strong also..All good people, Kieth and Richard are cool and know how to have a good time and we had a few cold ones..jetsnow and his dad were good people also..
IT WAS GREAT SEEING "JIMONOK"HE IS THE GREATEST COOK THAT EVER LIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-01-2003, 01:59 AM
Elite Pro Rider

ANNIHILATER, is there an update with the whole SamCoe blown engine Saga??? I was just curious on if they have taken any action

Old 09-01-2003, 04:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

bigbadscrambler, Samcoe has not made any attempt to make good bussiness..besides i would not let Sam work on any motor of mine even if he offered..he never knew the kits would work before he sold them to everybody..now everone has to come out of pocket to fix the mess he has created..besides TVIs kits are quit impressive and so are pami kits..it would take a dialed in nitro blend on my bike to beat their 720s..i will do some other mods to the 760 and it will CLOWN my 720...Samcoe performance is a proven flunkie, over and over.

Old 09-01-2003, 06:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider

well we just rolled back in and all is well wish you guys could have stayed longer, we got in a nice group ride this morning. i'll tell of our weekend tomorrow, but have to say everyone there was great. i owe a lot of thanks, to everyone but i'll tell the story tomorrow. my take was the 720 were fast but they didn't have, the last grunt the 760's did, i was able to beat one but the rider was a large guy so i didn't feel that was a fair comparison, richard was just to fast with the blend of what ever he was running, and jeff well that is another story, i was running fairly close then he went to the juice and i got blasted so bad i just had to stop, think i'll look into the extra air filter he runs also[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] well without gary i would have been down all weekend but that is a very long story, but it all worked out good. and unfortunately it was me that tony was racing when the valve went. i was on the stage two and kept waiting to get pasted and it never happened and on the way back down the hill i saw why, sorry about the bad luck tony. mario was right the race with him and i was the best, wish we lived closer it would be great to have each other to dail in with. well there is to much to tell about, and i need some sleep so it will have to wait.

Old 09-01-2003, 12:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Was the sparks bikes there, the same ones that won at FSW2?

Old 09-01-2003, 12:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider

there was a blue sparks raptor that the guys were talking about, it didn't have front brakes, so i think it was the one i raced him with the 720, i lost by a few but if my quad was that stripped it would have been the other way. i was coming back from the group ride and there it was in the dunes with the front tire sideways looked like the tie rod had gave way, i raced a sparks honda and it was fast but they run a lot of stuff just for drag racing imagine the rotax in a ex frame with no brakes light frame at that, i think we can all see the results of that.

Old 09-01-2003, 01:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Has anyone tried doing a Ds motor in a drag frame? What is the outcome if so? I have seen rotax motors in drag frames, its an awesome combination.

Quick Reply: BacK from DS Days Early!