CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

BacK from DS Days Early!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BacK from DS Days Early!

I also did some quad swapping at the hill drags...with a heavier rider...and found that 7.5 lbs of weight equaled about a one bike length gain on the hill [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2003, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider

WOW!!!!!!

That means when Tim was on my bike he gained 11.3 bike lengths up the hill!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I should have put him on my bike against your 830 then he would have only been 30 bikes behind.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2003, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

I just re-calculated I think it is more like 9 lbs = a bike length up the main hill (compared with equal experienced riders)

Old 09-02-2003, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks to all of you that took time out of your weekend to help keep our dunes open. The cleanup & auction went great.

If you got one of those survey cards, please fill them out and send them in. It will really help Fallon understand how much they depend on Sand Mountain for $$$$.

I was really disappointed to see the closure map that BLM was handing out. Lot's more red than I have seen before. I am trying to get an electronic version, and will post it when I do.

Wanted to race a few of you fast guys in my rail, but always seemed to have 3 kids in my ride when the opportunity was there. Sunday night, I was flying up the hill and spanked some guy in a street bike quad. Flew over one ridge and blew the beads on the front and left driver's side. Too much fun.

Jon

Old 09-02-2003, 06:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider

that is what i thought on the weight difference, i would lose to a raptor on the stage two by 2 quads then the wife would beat him by three ok maybe two (had to be kind on the weight thing) still like seeing her beat the guy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i rode jeff's 703 and it would take off kind off different almost seemed like something wasn't right then all of a sudden it would be like it was being pushed it was great how fast it moved out, i raced it a few times with the stage two and i'm pretty sure i beat it off the line everytime, but by the end of the whoops i was eating sand everytime. jeff was great him and azsand both coach on the tires i was running, and jeff advised on air pressure, azsand offered a different set of tires, still like what i run for all round duning but will soon look nto the triple buffs if they can stand up to the needs of those guys they will be fine on mine. the more i think about this weekend the more i know it was a blast.

Old 09-02-2003, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

BLUERIBBON COALITION, INC

NEWS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Don Amador - 925.625.6287 Email: damador@cwo.com

Jon Crowley – 530.677.1651

Date: September 2, 2003

RECREATIONISTS ENJOY LABOR DAY CLEAN UP EVENT AT NEVADA RECREATION AREA

FALLON, NV (Aug. 30, 2003) -- Hundreds of off-highway vehicle (OHV) enthusiasts participated in a clean-up day at a popular Bureau of Land Management (BLM) recreation area located about 25 miles from Fallon, Nevada. Hosted by Friends of Sand Mountain (FoSM) this event successfully engaged the public in a significant stewardship project by filling up a 40 yard garbage bin with trash and other debris collected at the Sand Mountain Recreation Area (SMRA).

FoSM had raffle prizes for those who collected a bag of garbage plus the organization held other raffle and silent

auction events to help raise funds to assist the group in its effort to keep SMRA open for future generations. Recently, the Center for Biological Diversity and other anti-access organizations have been pressuring the BLM to close some or all of the 4,700 acre area to OHV use.

The BlueRibbon Coalition (BRC) and California Off-Road Vehicle Association have also been working with FoSM to develop a plan that encourages the BLM to manage the area with a sensible user education and signing program that allows for a viable trail system and protects resources. The main species at the center of this controversy is the Sand Mountain Blue Butterfly and its habitat of Kearney Buckwheat.

Other access groups supporting good management instead of closure include; Friends of Oceano Dunes, Escarabajo Buggy Club, American Sand Association, Off-Road Business Association, DUNERS, AMA and Reno Dust Devils Motorcycle Club.

Don Amador, the western representative for the BlueRibbon Coalition, stated, “Friends of Sand Mountain should be commended for hosting this program which teaches land stewardship and also educates the riders that they need to support the fight to preserve our access to public lands.”

Jon Crowley, president of Friends of Sand Mountain, said, “I’m proud of the many families who came out this

weekend to help show that OHVers are true stewards of the land. Seeing youngsters alongside mom and dad picking up garbage shows that we are teaching our children the importance of caring for the land we use and enjoy. They are also learning the we often have to fight anti-access groups to keep our areas open for future generations.”

Crowley wants to thank the following businesses for supporting this event with prizes and donations: Sierra Motorsports, PRP, ITP, PPD Racing, Works Performance Products, Michaels Reno Powersports, Water Unlimited, Ledgewood Creek Winery, Funco Motorsports, Rubicon4x4.com, Rocket Factory, Pro Design, Camco Fabrication, Lazer Star, Hilton Construction Products, Garrahan Electric, TMS, Helmetlight, Renner Equipment, ClickWhip.com, Motion Pro, Tatum, Sand Addiction Magazine, Summit Racing, Crazy Keven., Dan’s Performance Parts, ATV Addiction, Big Valley Honda.

For more information on Friends of Sand Mountain go to: www.SandMountain-NV.org

# # #

The BlueRibbon Coalition is a national non-profit recreation group that champions responsible use of public lands.

It represents over 1,100 organizations and businesses with approximately 600,000 members.

Old 09-02-2003, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

hey jon, i donated, y isnt my name in there? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] lol, i know it was cuz i was late in donating [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2003, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jetsnow600
hey jon, i donated, y isnt my name in there? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] lol, i know it was cuz i was late in donating [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Don must have missed you. Sorry about that.

Appreciate you hauling a bunch of the prizes up for me AND donating the tires/wheels to the raffle.

Jon

Old 09-02-2003, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

not a problem [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2003, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

WOW! I guess that weight calculation makes a big difference!! Allright Jeff figur this one out. 280lbs rider with a 720 Baja with Full Pro- Armour, Plastics, .190 douglas rims, stock weight tires, and a full 5 gallon IMS Tank. I was 5 quad lengths behind Mario. He is about 225 lbs. Cut plastics, no armour and a 2 gallon tank, also his isn't a Baja so you have to take that into consideration. Well a slightly ruff estimate but I figure I could have picked up 13 bike lengths with my motor in Marios's frame!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Anyway maybe you could calculate it a little better. Oh, I forgot the heavier shocks also.! On a more negative not however, I got a call this morning from my Dad and he told me my brother had lost his battle with Cancer last night. So, once again I want to thank everyone for there caring and support. And let there be a lesson learned especially to AZSAND since he is always fiddiling with his crazy fuel mixtures![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Wear protective clothing and a respirator when handling MEK, or Acetone or any form of fuel or chemical. No one is immune from Leukemia, and working with these kinds of chemicals is what causes it. So do yourselves a favor and protect yourselves.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] God Bless all of you.

Quick Reply: BacK from DS Days Early!