CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Sand Mountain - Bush Administration Only Working with Off-Roaders

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sand Mountain - Bush Administration Only Working with Off-Roaders

It sounds like you have bought into the biased media from the nightly news.

The reason I am a Republican goes way beyond off-roading. It isn't about how much you make, it is about keeping as much as I rightfully earn and having a gov't that doesn't spend $$$ on stupid pet projects. Smaller, more efficient Gov't makes sense. It is about sensible use of our public land and its' resources.

As far as off-roading goes, I'm sorry, but the facts are that the Dems are in bed with the greenies.

If the Dems were in power of the House & Senate, Boxer's 7 million acre Wilderness Bill would go through and we'd be locked out of wheeling in more CA locations. Her buddy Feinstein already pushed through a Wilderness bill in the early 90's that did killed out access to millions of acres in the CA desert. Now all you can do is hike there. Ever heard of the Kelso Dunes & Eureka Dunes? Used to be able to dune there before Feinstein's bill. it wouldn't have happened in a republican led house & senate. Thank God that Pombo heads the House Committee on Resources. Boxer's bill doesn't have a chance.

Ever wonder why our CA green sticker money isn't going to maintain our off-road areas? The CA Democrats have a majority in the house & senate and they get to decide who is on the OHMVR commission. 4 out of 7 are now environmental wackos that refuse to fund anything but law enforcement & environmental projects. It is our money paid into a system that is supposed to maintain & expand OHV opportunities in CA. Here is more info.

Bush Administration has put a stop to some of the crazyness going on with the Endangered Species Act. If Gore was in office, he would have pushed to set aside more critical habitat without proper science to back it up. That means Glamis, Pismo and Sand Mountain just to name a few.

Cheers,

Jon

Old 09-04-2003, 05:41 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ThePunisher
If Gore was in Office the 9/11 incident would never have happend! We probably wouldn't have invaded Iraq before we had received more intelligence! I would probably want to spank him though for upholding NAFTA but that is another story. I believe things would have been much better under a Gore Administration than Bush's, that is for sure. Face it all these clowns aren't worth the sweat of my forhead but unfortunatley we can't get a Real Man to get up and run for office, can we?!
911 would have happenned no-matter what. If Gore was president, the only difference is nothing would have been done and we would have no tall buildings left...all in rubble. Our economy was on it's way downhill before Bush stepped in. At least he is not having an affair with a woman half his age making a mockery of the United States.

Old 09-04-2003, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

I can't wait to be old enough to have an affair with a woman half my age[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-04-2003, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

Oh if you only knew the reality behind 9/11.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] My real beef with Bush is that all these wonderful tax breaks he gives![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Everyone of his tax cuts only benefit anyone making above $200k a year. His Inhertiance tax cut only applies to people Inheriting more than $750k. Maybe someday these simpiltons will figure out that by cutting out the middle class that they are the ones cutting there own throats! Gov. Davis could have saved his arsh and his job if he would have just listened to the Film industry and would have thrown out some incentives to them. California looses 10 Billion dollars a year in revenue do to Runaway film and television productions to Canada, Mexico, New Zealand, Australia, and now Africa! And yo all you Union haters guess what? You will more than likely get your wish and see the Unions deystroyed with in the next 10 yrs and while you revel in your victory you can also wipe your tears off the floor when the union people are after your jobs! This country will cease to exsist as we know it within my lifetime! Mark my words! If government policies and Greed don't start to change, this country like the Roman Empire will be HISTORY!

And don't be fooled by Mr. Bush and thinking his administration is all that great. He is just satisfying the Off-roaders and Greenies by just giving both parties a little bit while he works his treachery under our very noses. By helping to keep OHV areas open, he keeps us OHV enthusiasts happy, and that is his plan. Because while we are happy he moves in to the protected wilderness areas like those in Alaska and tries to make them into oil fields. But do we care as OHV users? NO, Not really because he keeps our areas open for us, doesen't he?! I am by no means a eviromentalist but there are limits to my stupidity! I am tired of these fat, greedy, Bastarsds weazeling there way into positions of power to benefit themselves and there kind! It's Wrong! and that is not what our fore fathers had meant for this country. They keep saying that we are low on oil and we need to expand to find more, What a bunch of CRAP! There are enough oil reserves under Wyoming alone to last this country for 100 years! And i know this for a fact! So don't don't even try and question me on this one![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I am finished with my ranting and raving and now no one will probably even get to see this post because I am sure the Forum Oppressors will delete this thread after they read it and I could care less. If they do, so be it, and I will delete myself fron this forum right along with this thread. Peace out!

Old 09-04-2003, 06:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I dont think we will ever have a president in office that everybody agrees on, Personally I am a democrat but I HATE being lumped in with the Liberal party!! I like the more conservative way of thinking, but dont agree with Republicans when it comes to Taxes, and other big issues. I am old enough to know that Polititions(sp) (rep,or dem) are ultimately after thier own interests,and generally have a big game of "Back scratching" for the first term. I believe that a president can only get things truley accomplished when he is not trying to keep his job. It seem the first 2 years of the office is spent trying to get YOUR people hired,and the economy up, then the last 2 years are spent trying to get re-elected.

9/11 screwed our economy big time(the blame can go back as far as Reagan if you want it to) I believe we did what we HAD to do in Iraq to maintain our since of pride if nothing else. If we were to do nothing, then no telling what would happen next. PLUS we found out just who our true friends were. Atleast we can face are enemies head on,and they KNOW IT!!

I see the effects of a poor economy everyday,and sometimes get really frustrated, but honestly I dont think anyone could have done any better given the situation. We have Bush as president. I voted for GORE! But frankly I was alittle ashamed when he went to **** after he lost the election. He went and got all fat ,hairy,and depressed for over a year. That is not how a potential leader of the free world is supposed to act!! where the dignity??

anyway, I was just going to come here and say that Politics and religion are 2 subject that have been fought over for 1000's of years,and will be fought over for 1000's more after were all gone. I agree with Punisher, when he said that WE the general public are so lazy that we wont defend ourselves, and we are loosing ALLOT of our rights and privledges to a very small be VOCAL percentage of lobyist. Not just the riding area, but things like NO GOD IN SCHOOL,or on our national currency. We need to stop and focus on our smaller habitats and then the larger picture will follow.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 09-04-2003, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

Punisher,

Your eyes are so brown its clowding your vision. Say, If I inherit $750,000 and you inherit $75,000

Now here comes Uncle Sam and we have to pay our dues. He takes "only" 50% of my $750,000 but a "whopping" 60% from you. Who pays more and whats fair?? your argument is rediculous

Old 09-04-2003, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

Now you are smoking some crack aren't you! If I inherit under $750k I have to pay the same tax as everyone else which will be around 44%. But If I inherit more than $750k I only get taxed I beleive it is about 25% tax. Now why don't you tell me what is fair![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I dont't beleive there should even be a tax on your inheritance PERIOD!!!!!!! We shouldn't have to pay income tax either but that is a whole other story.

Old 09-04-2003, 07:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

WHAT IS UP WITH THE PERSONAL ATTACKS!!!!
Everyone should respect anothers opinion, or, i guess we all would be argueing about why we ride bombardiers opposed to raptors[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
have a little bit of respect...

Old 09-04-2003, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

All under the leadership of a R. Governor (California)

* Prop 13 -- Why does Warren Buffet pay less in property tax on his 5.4 million dollar home then the average Californian ($334,000) ?

* Voted to deregulate the insurance industry in California especially Worker’s Comp
- Business now pay 4 times what they used to pay 4 years ago

*Tax Shelters for Corporations -- costing California’s 5 Billion a year

* Enron and the Energy crises and voted to deregulate this industry? Defend that dude!

* Under Davis Education is Up, Crime is DOWN what else do you want

Bush Issues.

Made it tougher for individuals to file for Bankruptcy when we hade Enron, World Com, and Global Crossing screwing millions of American families out of thousands of dollars while each CEO walked away with ten’s on millions of dollars

The deforesting of our nations forests…

IRAQ as Americans regardless of party affiliation, will always support the men and women who server our country with the sacrifice of their very lives.

Why did bush lie about the evidence about IRAQ?

Why does the poor pay more per dollar earned than the rich. for example someone who make $10,000 per year pays 20% of every dollar. Someone who makes 1000,000 per year on average will pay 10-15% in taxes. Why isn't there a flat tax... because the wealthy don't want to pay any more than they already do. I know someone who is 55 years old and able to divert 85% of the yearly income and avoid paying taxes

What has any republican has done that benefits the average Joe.

republican are against, welfare, Worker's Comp, Healthcare, public Education, opportunity, affirmative action ...

PROP 187 in point -- blame the minorities for all the problems in California... who the f^ck picks the lettuce.. not some rich man's 16 year son that's for sure

Old 09-04-2003, 07:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Here is a good way to explain the Bush Tax Cut Plan (as you can tell, it is old but, the explaination still is good):

The president is supposed to announce a new economic plan tomorrow evening.
Some of the plan is sure to be tax cuts in some form. After his speech it is
a foregone conclusion that we will then start hearing about how the wealthy
or rich are going to be getting all the breaks while the poor and middle
class will get nothing or next to nothing. I saw the following article a few
weeks ago and thought that now was a good time to pass it on. This is a VERY
simple way to understand the tax laws. Let's put tax cuts in terms everyone
can understand.

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for dinner. The bill for all ten
comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go
something like this.

The first four men, the poorest would pay nothing; the fifth would pay
$1; the sixth would pay $3; the seventh $7; the eighth $12; the ninth $18;
and the tenth man, the richest would pay $59.

That's what they decided to do. The ten men ate dinner in the restaurant
every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day; the
owner threw them a curve (in tax language a tax cut).

"Since you are all such good customers," he said, "I'm going to reduce
the cost of your daily meal by $20." So now dinner for the ten only cost
$80.00.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes. So the
first four men were unaffected. They would still eat for free. But what
about the other six, the paying customers? How could they divvy up the $20
windfall so that everyone would get his "fair share?"

The six men realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they
subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and the sixth man
would end up being PAID to eat their meal. So the restaurant owner suggested
that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly the same amount,
and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.

So the fifth man paid nothing, the sixth pitched in $2, the seventh paid
$5, the eighth paid $9, the ninth paid $12; leaving the tenth man with a
bill of $52 instead of his earlier $59.

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued
to eat for free.

But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings.
"I only got a dollar out of the $20," declared the sixth man, but he,
pointing to the tenth. "But he got $7!" "Yeah, that's right," exclaimed the
fifth man, "I only saved a dollar, too. It's unfair that he got seven times
more than me!" That's true!" shouted the seventh man, why should he get $7
back when I got only $2? The wealthy get all the breaks!" Wait a minute,"
yelled the first four men in unison, "we didn't get anything at all. The
system exploits the poor!"

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up. The next night he
didn't show up for dinner, so the nine sat down and ate without him. But
when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered, a little late what was
very important.

They were FIFTY-TWO DOLLARS short of paying the bill! Imagine that!

And that, boys and girls, journalists and college instructors, is how the
tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit
from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and
they just may not show up at the table anymore.

Where would that leave the rest? Unfortunately, most taxing authorities
anywhere cannot seem to grasp this rather straightforward logic!

Quick Reply: Sand Mountain - Bush Administration Only Working with Off-Roaders