CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

things i learned at sand mountain

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 11:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default things i learned at sand mountain

while at sand mountain, i got a chance to visit with a lot of people and would like to share some of the things i learned.

1- i was reminded how nice people off this forum are[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
2- tony isn't angry seems like a really well versed person[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
3- my ideas on gearing for the hill were destroyed by jeff he run the opposite of what i thought to be the only way.
4- azsand uses his oil blow bye to lube his chain.
5- jeff runs his crank vent up and around and back down it was long enough to prevent drips.
6- duneme really does like to dune- fun ride with the girls[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
7- that is one big hill still smiling about that.
8- jiminok really nice guy, he must of ask me if i needed help oh about a 100 times, there was also rob who did a very good job of checking on me every hour, and well gary was right there with me about every second.
9- i wouldn't want to hang out with jeff often, i would be more broke and i would start smoking what ever those smokes he had were[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] really nice guy though.
10- i would like to hang out more with jetsnow and his dad, i'd get rich with them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
11- azsand is great there was a little trouble one night and he took the heat for all of us, thanks again azsand.
12- for the most part the ds was very durable, seemed there was only one break that was a broke part.
13- the new ds is faster than the older version.
14-kmduner is the best of all of us off the line, and he is as big as he looks in his pictures.
15- mario and his wife well don't know what to say here but our familys will be seeing each other for more than riding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
16-there is a lot to sand mountain and they are doing good things working to keep it open.
17- i hate vender row i dumped all my extra water and still think i had more weight on the truck then the trip down.
18- it also confirmed to me that the ds likes high compression, seemed the higher the better.
19- rails rock thanks for the ride jeff
20- i need to plan on these group trips as much as i can.
21- and last but not least, have a few more people to stand by me when i say i got my a$$ handed to me by my wife[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-05-2003, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

"azsand uses his oil blowby to oil his chain"

REALLY?!?!?!?!

Would that be considered as CONSERVATION or POLLUTION??????? LOL

Old 09-05-2003, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

I learned that NOS is the way to go and i gotta get me some of that stuff [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-05-2003, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

14-kmduner is the best of all of us off the line, and he is as big as he looks in his pictures.
I don't know if that big comment was good or bad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Things I learned:

1- Everyone from this forum is great great people.
a-AZSand is an awesome friend, thanks for bringing me on this trip
b-Jim is the man, really nice guy and always willing to help out
c-Bill and family are great to hang out and ride with. The whole family is fast too. His wife can ride with the best of them, son too. His 720 put it to me several times
d-Jeff is to much fun, bikes, rail, etc. Also willing to help out. I lost a bulb and he was there with 5 to chose from.
e-Sean and Dad are cool to, great riders and fun to hang out with.
f-Mark is cool, wish we could have hung out more, great races with him.
g-Gary was always there with what ever was needed, great guy just goes to bed to early[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
h-Compound guys were really cool.
i-Tony is a good guy, very knowledgable and fun to hang with.
j-Mario and wife are great, can't wait to hang out in Vegas with them.

I hope I didn't forget anyone

2- Don't park a big a$$ motorhome up hill in soft sand when you have 4000lbs of trailer, fuel and DS's behind you.
3-DS Days is worth the drive and I will be back next year.
4-AZSand's 760 is insane and if you ride a wheelie thru 4th gear you'll be half way up the hill while everyone else is at the bottom watching in awe.
5-Jeff has too many toys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
6-The brothels that we passed on the way up there are disgusting, I can't believe people stop in those places. I imagine you'd have to fight off the roaches.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
7-Better firework show then I saw on July 4th.
8-LESS WEIGHT IS THE BEST MOD ON THIS HILL
9- The 2 stops in Vegas is very bad for me but good for the Las Vegas economy.