CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

04 BAJA X

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 02:03 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 BAJA X

Just curious what y'all thoughts were?

Old 09-09-2003, 02:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 04 BAJA X

I think it sounds excellent. There is a forum user who already has two DS' and he ended up buying a Baja X to add to his collection. (Not sure if he was selling of the other DS' though to make room.) However that says a lot. He does happen to own a new dealership, but I guess he felt that once he got something really nice in his hands, it was too hard to let go.

When I'm rich, I'll have one of everything.

Old 09-09-2003, 03:05 AM
Pro Rider
Default 04 BAJA X

Originally posted by: DJMATROK
Just curious what y'all thoughts were?
In general? I can't post them here cause its a family forum.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But most of the time (about 97.648% give or take .016%) it includes having to convincing the women that it is only kinky the first time and th.......oops[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] started to write thoughts and if I did everyone that read this would lose a whole lot of IQ points. I learned a long time ago to never go back and read what I wrote because I would be real confused on how that made any sense to me when I wrote it. I also learned how to remove perment marker from computer screens. recently bought the dry erase kind.
AHHHHHHH!I hate it when I do that ... lick the tissue wipe the screen and push the key thingys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I need to write that down.

Ok where was I?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I forgot.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Well hope I helped. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Marrtoo

Hi Tyre! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2003, 03:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 04 BAJA X

let me clarify.......wondering what your thoughts were on the DS 650 Baja X...........

Old 09-09-2003, 03:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default 04 BAJA X

I do not own a baja x 2004,I looked at one and i am confident that they have updated some of the internal and external parts that caused issues..SUCH AS :Internal parts: hopefully the oil flow probs that pami has focused on with big bores...a tad bit more compression [i think] couple more hundred rpm, and i hope maybe a different power curve with CDI..
External parts:longer lasting fan [mounted better hopefully, and more durable], heavier duty rear tail light bulb, which can be a pain when rangers are around, and could be unsafe.. better lighting up front. and lighter parts, like swing-arm, and a- arms...

All in all i think personally the 04 XDS650 would be great with a TVI aluminum+3 swingarm [ from stock length] titanium axle, tripple buffs all the way around, and a 720 motor built CORRECTLY, with high revving cams, IMO A lighter weight ds i think wont need as much torque, and might benifit with the revs with the right fuel and weight.. this is compared to the 2000- and 2001 models..I may not be 100% correct with engine changes, but that is sure one heck of a combo, and the black and yellow graffics on the new bajaX is great..

Old 09-09-2003, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default 04 BAJA X

OOPS!!! Sorry my bad. I have never seen one in person but in the pics & reviews they sound like a step in the right direction. I would get one but I am going to be buying an RV so it would be a real bad time to jump in with both feet. HEY that gives me an idea ..........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2003, 05:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 04 BAJA X

I rode with a buddy last sunday he just recieved his 04 Baja X. I rode it for 3 - 4 miles on dirt and asphalt roads. It sounded alittle louder than my 03 Baja and seemed to have a little more torque down low. We raced from a roll on both starting in 2nd gear the X jumped out about half a wheeler length right off the start and held it till we both hit top gear then the X pulled away. Not to take anything away from the X but my 03 Baja will only rev between 7400 - 7600 RPM's I'm going to check the valve clearance this week to see if their too tight, I can't hit the rev limiter in high gear and my buddys X was hitting 8000 RPM.

Old 09-10-2003, 11:00 AM
cop
Pro Rider
Default 04 BAJA X

My X flat out has beaten EVERY stock machine it has come across and a few modded machines for good measure. I love this machine. The suspension is great, it even saved my hide on one occasion. The motor is a beast, with an almost two stroke like powerband. You won't be disappointed!!