CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Anatomy of an Internet scam!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 11:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anatomy of an Internet scam!!!!

lol. . . exhaust berings and oil bypass. . . Do they have those on the Trinity site?

That guy needs a pipe bomb!

Old 09-11-2003, 12:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

OK i get it they use your name after the auction to try and intercept your goods GOT IT you don't have to hit me with a hammer or at least not too hard!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2003, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, with the advent of sites like ebay and the large amount of selling that goes on via the net people are really trying to rip you off. Lots of scams.

It is kind of hard to sell something these days because of it.

Bat

Old 09-11-2003, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

I wonder if one of the moderators could put up a sticky or something like it about these scams. Just to keep it at the top and let people see all about this. Just might help someone out.

Old 09-11-2003, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had 3 emails this week all from other countries about a Raptor I have for sale.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]I have it posted on some free classified sites. SCAMS al of them...we need trick to play on them...

if you think this is bad, I do some investing...most of the get rich scemes are scams !

Old 09-11-2003, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

been there Big Waynester, it still hurts just to think about it!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2003, 01:54 AM
Pro Rider

Dang major, your just a magnet for these things. first the lady in Canada and now this crap. Good thing you got the heads up this time, but i bet you wish it was the last time huh.

Still headed down next week, Going to stay at Matt's house(hopefully:confused[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] on Wed so as soon as I know when I am going to get there, I will let you know and maybe we all can get together and have dinner somewhere or something.

Old 09-11-2003, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
UN-REAL!!!!
I have a way to get these guys back but i cannot say how..
Glad to hear that you picked this WEASLE off Majorecho..
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]I just happen to have some extra cement and a vacation due.....shall we make someone some shoes.
These scum artists make me madder than the anger mangement classes that I have been fuming about having to go to for the last 2yrs, 7 mths, and 24 days.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2003, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider

I almost got myself screwed in an atv scam on ebay. There was a guy from the BC of Canada. He was selling a brand new YFZ and it was like 12 hrs away from closing and at like 3000.00 for it. So i emailed him and asked him what he would sell it to me now for. He emailed back and said 4800, i emailed back and said i would take it. I had him send me the VIN#, once i got it i just typed in the number in google and hit search. What do you know a different YFZ for sale on atvtrader from Portugal was selling a used one with the same VIN#. I always thought in the back of my head this is probably a scam but you never know i could get lucky and get a good deal. I was never planning on sending him money like he wanted to, that would be just dumb. Damn, for 4800 i would drove all the way over there and got it. There are way to many scams on both ebay and atvtrader for me to even look anymore, pi$$es me off.

RoughRider01

Old 09-11-2003, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider

The saga continues, here here is the latest,

SCAM ARTIST WROTE

"Edger Les" <sorosoro@fastermail.com> wrote:

>I WIL NEED YOUR HOME OR OFFICE ADDRESS FOR THE CHEQUE TO BE SENT OUT TO , LET ME HAVE YOUR ADDRESS.
>
>EXPECTING TO HEAR FROM YOU
>
>REGARDS

Majorecho replied,

Chill Bro no need to yell,
Here you go
Make the check to:

Ding Al-Ing
999 W 1500 So.
Woods Cross UT 84087

Also I found some other high performance parts I'll be sending you they total another $305 (chain scrubers and stuff like that) so Ill be sending you $2835.00
If that cool dude than go ahead and send yer cheque!
later Bro..

I'll keep you guys posted[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Anatomy of an Internet scam!!!!