CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lectron 46 - Altitude changes?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 10:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lectron 46 - Altitude changes?

Like everybody, if there is a better and improved product that can replace what I got then I want it. All this Lectron talk lately, backed up by many happy campers on this particular forum due in part to MisterHP spending the time on the dyno to tweek, leans towards it being a top performer.

Now I can't spend $500 on something without knowing if its gonna be better than what I got, and the word better has many different meanings from person to person. I define "better" as throttle response on trails - instantaneous front wheel lift from idle to slammed in milliseconds, and easy altitude tunability since I travel teh country to ride.

Since I'm one of the few in existance that uses the accelerator pump on the Mikuni with great success, and absolutely swear by its superiority, I haven't been able to get a really true comparison from anybody that has used my setup, then gone to the Lectron.
And nobody can tell me if altitude adjustments are easy and quick on the lectron.
So what I'm doing is asking for the asnwers to these questions, actually imploring anybody with more inside info to share. if its better by my definition, I'll buy one!

Old 10-02-2003, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hightower, you got that thing dialed in spot on, I wouldn't change a thing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-02-2003, 11:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks Wayne! I know I can't want for anything better in the woods, there just isn't anything that can outperform what i got in that aspect, no doubts there at all.

but if the Lectron can give a higher peek for the sand drags that we like to play with on every dunes trip, without sacrificing anything I already have, then count me in. Marky has one on the way, and he - like me - has always been a great fan of the pumper, so hopefully he can shed some light on true trai performance.

Old 10-03-2003, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hightower
Thanks Wayne! I know I can't want for anything better in the woods, there just isn't anything that can outperform what i got in that aspect, no doubts there at all.

but if the Lectron can give a higher peek for the sand drags that we like to play with on every dunes trip, without sacrificing anything I already have, then count me in. Marky has one on the way, and he - like me - has always been a great fan of the pumper, so hopefully he can shed some light on true trai performance.
Markys doing the switch??
Is it going to be dialed in by "the man" MR HP ?

Old 10-03-2003, 12:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Old 10-03-2003, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

I think you will be satisfied with the tm45 after you get your E-Series.

Old 10-03-2003, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

instantaneous front wheel lift from idle to slammed in milliseconds

YES!!!!!!

Old 10-03-2003, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

Who has gone from the TM 45 to Lectron, or the other way around..and when you had your TM was it dialed in, or were you having problems.

Old 10-06-2003, 12:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

DCryder - I'm completely satisfied man, just exploring new options as they arise is all.

Mustud - thanks for the response, I value your opinion, I know you went from a TM to the Lectron, I only wish you had been using the pumper to compare those too. But it sounds as though its pretty comparable, the way you describe it!

But the altitude is still an issue. Like I said before, when I go on a trip, I can change my main jet for the altitude I'm going to before I ever leave the garage, in seconds, and it'll be spot on when I unload in the mountains, and if its not, its seconds to swap again right on the trail.

Old 10-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider

I did use the pumper on my TM...... Honestly if you are happy with yours then keep it!! you have a lot of time invested into yours thats a lot of money to invest on another carb so soon after you purchased yours.... I mean your looking at $650 for the setup..
BTW, my rims took another beeting this weekend so I probably wont sell them.....