CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Ok, Guys convince me.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok, Guys convince me.

I think that I'm going to switch to alky just because it's so much cheaper than race gas. It helps keep the bike cooler and some say that it makes the bike quicker. The timing advance will come thru a CDI. Vortex or Woods. I'll give you a list of our mods and you can decide what you want to do. As far as a big bore goes, our stock bores and hang with or beat 75% of everything out there any given weekend.

AZSand ( I hope he doesn't get mad at me for posting his secrets [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] )

Alba pipe
Vortex CDI
Dual FCR 39's with uni carb mounts on alky
14:1 piston
Web cams 109 I think
Ported head and larger valves
Timmy Boy +4 swing arm

KMDuner

Graydon pipe
Woods CDI
Dual FCR 41's with uni carb mounts on race gas
12.5:1 piston
Woods Cams
Ported head and larger valves
TBR +4 swing arm

This weekend he was edging me out by 1\2 to 1 bike all weekend.

Hope that helps. There is our secrets.........

Old 10-14-2003, 10:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2003, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

Im not too sure what Annihilater had going on with his DS this weekend at Dumont, but he beat a Kawi KX 500 dirt bike up comp more then a few times. I had a chance to ride his bike and it pulled like nothing else I have ever ridden. Not only that but it ran flawlessly all day Sat.

Old 10-15-2003, 01:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ok so you guys are on stock bore. What compression is stock ? I think i will try piping and jetting and a CDI. What do you guys think of yoshimura pipes ? or do they make a DS application. Isnt alky suppose to add like 30% or something ? What are some other proven pipes ? thanx for the info im gaining alot of info im going to need.

Old 10-15-2003, 09:31 AM
Pro Rider

Stock compression is around 9.75:1

I think Yoshi slip-on's are not very good for dragging, I have one "in my garage". They don't make a full system either.

I think alky is supposed to only gain 5% peak hp, but the midrange power is awesome. I run it through a tm45 with a 12.5:1 stock bore piston and think it gained about 5 bikelengths in 500'.

Ron Wood, Graydon, and Alba seem to be the best for dragging.

Old 10-15-2003, 10:31 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sam
R_ipper_R I just came accross this. maybe it can help ya!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Baia X testAfter reading this and listing to other X ownres on this fourm Im tinking about Upgrading!!
LMAO....even you Bomb guys have too wonder if the write up is legit. Gone are the days of unbiased write ups! The cash is what it boils down too.

Old 10-15-2003, 10:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider

those pipes that were mentioned are good , the mods you mentioned are a great place to start, might want to add some gearing, maybe a 14and15 for the front, and a 41-42 for the back, the lower gearing will make it quick down low, and they may pass you up at higher speed but it keeps them wondering for a while

Old 10-15-2003, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

I would think that the fastes bike I have driven is a stage 3 DS........I haven't ridden many fast bikes....mine is the fastest other than that DS.......

I didn't race my bike against the ds cause my bike is torn down in the shop for a new piston and cam........

but I know the ds would beat it........

Old 10-15-2003, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

He took the words right out of my mouth with those pipes.

Big Scary, that's an impresive bike that you have, however I'm glad to hear that the stage 3's are running right there with you.

One thing that we need to start thinking about with the DS is weight savings. I have done several things aswell as AZSand and many others. The power of the Rotax is there but it has a lot to push up the hill. Those that saw Tim run my bike up at Sand Mt will preach weight savings all day lone. I weigh about 215 and Tim was 130. He was about 10 bikes faster on my bike than I was. That's why I started drinking Michalob lite and Corona Lite... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]