CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Outlander 400 Accessory Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 01:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlander 400 Accessory Wiring

I am putting a Warn 3.0 winch on my Outlander and need help locating the accessory wiring. The Operator's Guide says that there is additional wiring for accessories "hidden" at the rear of the ATV, and to talk to your dealer about it. Well, I talked to my dealer and the guy got out the manual and looked at a wiring diagram and told me to look for a black wire and a red wire with a purple stripe, but he couldn't tell me WHERE to look. Thanks a lot!

I have looked inside the ends of the flexible conduits that come out of the frame/routing tunnel at the aft end. If the wires are tucked away in one of those, they are not extended all the way to the end of the conduit. In any case I need to know where they are.....I'd prefer using those wires as opposed to tapping in to a switched wire and sharing a circuit with another component.

Does anyone have specific knowledge as to where these wires are "hidden" by the factory? Absent that knowledge, would someone with an installed winch take a look and tell me where the small positive wire that connects to the contacor is routed from? Knowing the colors of the other wires that it is routed to the back with would probably nail it for me.

Thanks in advance.

casahac

Old 10-19-2003, 01:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Don't you just hate the manual when it says "see your dealer"? I was reading the manual for the same information. Figured I'd get the same response from the dealer as you did. I haven't found it yet either. I'll post it here if I do.

K

Old 10-19-2003, 02:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

I forgot to note that I also called Bombardier last Thursday. They said they'd call me with the information, but of course they didn't say WHEN they'd call. I went ahead and posted here thinking that someone somewhere might have the answer........I'm not in a huge hurry, but my patience is not infinite!

Thanks for the response........at least it's shared misery at this point. I'll post here if I hear from Bombardier.

casa