CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

lectron carb needle recomendations...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003 | 02:15 PM
|
Range Rover
Default lectron carb needle recomendations...

hey guys i put on a lectron carb i bought off ebay and rebuilt, its really an interesting carb to go through and see how simple it works, soo here's the thing i bought a lectron 42 which is the same size as stock but without the vacume slide it should flow better then stock anyways, sooo the guy i bought it off of said it was on a 465ex, my guess a race motor... it does'nt have a power valve and the needle numbers are long gone, i put it on the first time andi could see raw gas coming out the exhaust-wayyy rich.. so a couple turns later it's snappy and the slides almost closed so i think i'm pretty close to being there, any lectron owners out there could u recomend a needle which works for you and a source for them, oh and i made it work with my stock thumb throttle, if i want to bore it out bigger i'll have to goto a twist though to make the slide lift all the way, i'm pretty sure all the carb bodies are the same except the bore, sorry for rambling... any needle settings or needle # suggestions anybody?? thanks, josh.........

Old 10-20-2003 | 10:04 PM
|
Range Rover

this is strange? i know people are runnin these on they're ds's, i'm looking for a needle # and maybe an approximate length for the needle out of the slide.. or at least if someone could point me in a general direction, u know, first hand experience with these carbs... josh....

Old 10-20-2003 | 10:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I have nitro bikes and i run two 44's with the 19XL3 needle. And i have 42mm on my 440 ex and there's no way that will out power my 650 no way !!! Ive had a 48mm with the 19XL3 single carb on a ds stock that is!!! do you have a power jet or is there a screw in the hole????????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 10-21-2003 | 12:08 AM
|
Range Rover

i can't tell what needle is in there right now since it looks like the #'s are long gone, i know there is no power valve in there, it was'nt even drilled for it, i'm thinking of machining and adding a second nozzle like the power valve nozzle concept, and just putting a needle valve to controll flow volume to the second nozzle that i put in, thanks for the needle # AZsand.. i still think it'll work ok (sizewise) for my ds since it's basicly stock except filter and cap mod, and i can't remember running the motor hard enough to hit the rev limiter, i still may machine it out larger at a later date, so am i going in the right direction people? thanks, josh..